(22) Two Can Play At That Game

[u n e d i t e d]

I enter back into the building a few minutes later. I would have just gladly stood out till dawn if it weren't for the unbearable winter cold. Heading back to the room, I see Brad and Michelle talking, Michelles eyes wide as she takes in whatever Brad tells her, which is most likely the story of Sean and Carla. When Brad sees me, he sits straight up and asks what happened.

I shrug my shoulders and look away for a second, he understands that it didn't go good.

"Why, what happened exactly?" He asks mildly worried.

"First, you and I need to have a girly chat outside. Now." Michelle says and I wince, I'm so dead already for having kept all this from her.

"Just chil here for now, I'll tell you when I'm back."

He nods and rests back on the headboard closing his eyes while I walk out with Michelle in tow. She remains silent throughout the whole time I talk about the recent events. About how I lied to them about my punishment, how I worked at the hotline centre instead and continued talking with my 'patient' even outside work; when the punishment period was over. How I slowly fell in love with him and grew so attached to him. 

Michelle had exitedly let out a little squeal when I told her about 'Sean' telling me how he was in love with 'Sophie'. I told her the only reason I agreed to go out with Rick was because I thought he was Sean and deserved a chance with me atleast, but instead it was Brad. And that she was right last night, when she told me that Brad likes me. The truth was, I liked Brad too. It was a 'perfect combination' I told her, that Brad and Sean were the same guy, although I knew it hardly made any sense.

"You. Little. Bitch. Why didn't you tell me all this earlier?!" She asks, "I'm your bestfriend, you should have told me this the very first day. I can't believe you kept all this from me..." She continues with an upset tone.

"I'm really sorry Michelle, I know I should have told you from the very start, I just don't know why I kept all this from you. I shouldn't have, I'm so sorry." I tell her sincerely but she just sighed and looked away, her way of showing whenever she was mad. 

"Come on, I already have Rick mad at me, not you too please." 

Her expression softens and she gives me a hug, "I'll talk to that brickface to change his mind. Just give him the night, I'm sure he'll get over it by the morning. Although I don' really blame him for his anger because, you know, you tehnically cheated on him." 

"I know, I don't need you reminding me about it now." 

"Okay, okay." She laughs and we head back in to the hospital, I didn't even realize when we walked back out of the doors while talking. When we enter the room, we see Brad and Sam laughing loudly.

"What's so funny?" Michelle asks placing her hand on her hip.

"Your first date." Brad replies bursting into laughter again and Michelle groans.

"I thought this topic was already buried twelve feet under, why did you bring it up again Sam?" She whined, this was always an embarassing topic to her.

"Sorry, I needed to make his mood better, this was the only funniest thing I could remember." he says chuckling.

Michelle had quite a good reason to be embarassed about her first date with Sam and to want it to remain twelve feet under. At that time which was two years back, she had a problem of zoning out a lot, and also to act out while in her 'zone-out'. So while her and Sam while talking on their first date which was in a restauant, I don't know what got into her head but she suddenly stood up and started dancing around singing a sappy love song, waving around a fork and knife in her hand. She had to be gently dragged out by Sam until she stopped, and when she did she nearly wanted to cry out of mortification. Luckily for us, we could find the video on YouTube the next day.