(16) A Shocking Question

I've returned from the dead :P Anyways, I'm pretty sure my dress descriptions suck so there's a picture of them in the side (the edit sucks too, sorry). If you're reading on app, you can view the image by going to 'story info' then to the image option.. :)

__________________________________________________

"Michelle here, leave a message! I'll reply if I feel like." her voice said merrily when I dialed her phone. Ugh this system of leaving voice messages shouldn't have been made in the first place, people are over using it!

"Call me when you see this, we need to go shopping for our dresses!" I said then sent the message.

It was getting dark already, I had finished freshening up and completing petty house chores that were left to me. I was now on my bed, books spread out as I revised for the exams. But my mind kept drifting off every few minutes, my attention span decreasing by the second. Which is why I was calling Michelle but that girl-

My phone rang cutting my train of thought and making me jump in shock as the loud music cut through the silence of my room. I put my hand over my chest to slow down my heartbeat and answered the phone, rolling my eyes at my silliness.

"Hola amigo."

"Hi gosh you're right, we need to go shopping as soon as possible!" Michelle said.

"Tomorrow?" I suggested.

"Yeah we hit the shops after school."

"Nah, how about we just go shopping instead of school?"

"Are you nuts? I don't want to miss out on anything in class."

"Come on, the guys will fill us in. It's our last days of school, let's have some fun."

"You're such a bad influence." she muttered.

"I know." I replied smirking to myself, "So pick me up at nine, we're going with your car."

"Okay boss. Now let's get back to studying, bye."

"You're so boring, bye."

She giggled before hanging up. Great, back to learning about dead people, I mean History. I lean back on the headboard and instantly my mind drifts off away from studies far away into the world of daydreams, because admit it or not, daydreaming of awesome stuff happening to you is so much better than learning about things that happened centuries ago, which is of no use for the present.

The next morning I wake up peacefully not worrying about getting to school on time at all. I take a warm shower, change into a pair of ripped jean shorts and tank top covering it with a short cardigan. I apply some light make- up, wear my converse shoes then head downstairs, tucking my phone and credit card into my back pocket.

Mom is ecstatic about me going dress- shopping and seems more excited than me, reminiscing her 'good ole times' way back in her early 80's. She doesn't even mind that I'm skipping school just for dress- shopping. She confuses me, really. 

I'm having breakfast, waiting for Michelle to arrive and talking to mom about prom at her time, when my phone rings causing my butt to vibrate, a very weird feeling if I must say. I pull the phone out and see that it's Brad calling.

"Hey!" I answer merrily.

"Where are you and Michelle? Did you guys come to school?" he asked.

"Nope we we're going dress shopping in a bit."

"You're ditching school for dress shopping when you can go on the weekend?" He asks incredulously.

"Hey, there are good sale offers now which might not be there by weekend!" I reply defensive.