Chapter 5

Thank you all so much for reading!!

ᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧᎧ

The days seemed to crawl by until it was Thursday, when it was actually only a day and a half. I couldn't wait to see Joey again. And now that its Thursday, I'm sitting, fully dressed, at the kitchen table, waiting for it to be 12. To kill time, I decided to bake cupcakes.

I hummed as I put the cupcake mixture into the oven, and started on making the icing.

Aunt Maggie walked into the kitchen just when I decided to make the icing yellow. I smiled at her. "Morning" I said cheerfully.

She looked at me suspiciously and said "What are you doing."

I looked up from the icing. "Making cupcakes." I said innocently. She glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Ali, It's only half nine." she said uncertainly.

I pouted. "I know but I'm really bored." I smiled at her. "Plus, it's NEVER too early for cupcakes!"

Maggie nodded thoughtfully. "That's true." she said smiling. "So what's for breakfast?" she called as she walked into the living room to turn on the TV. I hesitated. "Cupcakes?"

I turned up the familiar street on my way to the rehearsal of Joey's play. It was familiar because last summer when I was at Aunt Maggie's I had taken a music course at the university, which was where the Starkids were based. I was super nervous about meeting the rest of the Starkids. After all, they were Joey's friends, and what if they didn't like me? And, of course they were my role models!

I bit my lip as I arrived at the door of the college. I wasn't sure whether I should just walk in or not, because I didn't even know where abouts in the college the rehearsals were being held. I pulled out my phone, and was just about to call Joey when someone came up behind me and said "Hey, Aliana right?"

I glanced behind me and saw Joe Walker standing there.

"Um, yeah. Hi." I said nervously. He laughed. "Hey." he said. "Do you know where to go?"

I bit my lip and shook my head. He laughed again. "Trust Joey not to tell a pretty girl where exactly she has to in a college full of strangers" he said, grinning when I blushed. "Come on, it's this way." I followed him through the halls and said, just to start a conversation, "It's not completely full of strangers."

He grinned at me. "Me and Joey don't count."

I smiled. "Yeah, I know, I mean I did a music course here last summer."

He looked at me in surprise. "Seriously?" he looked impressed when I nodded. "Huh. I wonder why we never noticed you before. I mean-" he grinned at me. "You're not exactly easy to miss, are you?" I frowned at that, trying to figure out what he meant, when he stopped suddenly in front of a door. "Here we are!" he said cheerfully. He looked at me thoughtfully for a minute.

"What?" I said, sounding slightly defensive. He grinned again. "Time to make an entrance!"

"Wha-" I began but was cut off by Joe grabbing me around the waist and throwing me over his shoulder. I squealed in surprise as he kicked open the door and shouted "Joooeeeyyy!!! I've got your girlfriend!"

I was struggling to get out of Joe's grip, but it was like his arms were made of iron.

"Walker!" I heard Joey's voice sounding shocked. "What the hell? Here, hand her over!" Joe laughed and handed me to Joey, who held me like a baby. I crossed my arms and glared at Walker, who grinned and then bounced over to a girl with short blonde hair, who had been watching the scene while grinning. Joey put me down gently. Again."You and your friends have to stop picking me up." I sighed.