Chapter 2

I gaped at him for a long moment, and then blinked stupidly and mentally shook myself. " Uh, I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going, I-" I said, blushing furiously and looking at the ground, but he laughed and interrupted me.

"Hey, it's ok. No harm done." he smiled and I felt my heart stutter slightly. I smiled shyly and looked at the ground again.

"Um, are you going in, or...?" Joey asked, looking at me uncertainly and holding the door open.

"Oh, right! Sorry.." I said quickly, blushing again and hurrying forward. He smiled and shook his head. "Stop apologising!" he said jokingly.

"Sor-" I began, but he leapt forwards without warning and covered my mouth with his hand. I barely managed to contain a squeal of surprise. "No!" He growled playfully, and I laughed behind his hand.

Suddenly, someone walked out of the shop and stopped, staring at us. He placed his hands on his hips and shook his head. "Joey, are you raping this poor girl?"

Joey removed his hand from my mouth and glared at him. I looked a the newcomer. He had short brown hair and was quite muscly. He was wearing a green t-shirt with cartoon pictures of science equipment and the words "Science Rules!" in pink. Joey was wearing a matching shirt. I once again knew who he was.

"Joe! You know I wasn't!" Joey said, glaring at him.

Joe Walker raised his eyebrows sceptically. "Okaaay, Joey, whatever."

I felt completely lost and didn't know what to do. They were my heroes! Should I ask for an autograph or should I play it cool? I looked at Joey and Joe, who were now arguing over whether or not poking your finger in someone's belly button counted as rape, and figured I would be way too shy.

I tried to step around them, to get into the shop, but Joey caught my arm. "Wait, where are you going?"

"Um, to get milk..?" I replied uncertainly, glancing back at the door.

"Oh." Was it my imagination, or did he look disappointed? I shook my head. I was being stupid.

"Well," Joey said, glancing at Joe. "We were just about to meet some friends of ours. Would you.. Uh.. Like to.. Maybe... Come with me? I mean- us" Joe smirked widely and put his hands in his jeans pockets.

I was just about to say yes, I would love to when I remembered Aunt Maggie.

"Oh.. I'd love to, but my aunt is waiting for me to get back. I'm sorry." I said, trying not to let my disappointment show.

"Oh. Right. Well, some other time then." Joey said, smiling crookedly. I smiled and nodded. "Definitely"

I turned and walked into the shop. I grabbed a carton of milk, turned around, and almost jumped out of my skin. Joey was standing less than 3 inches away. I clutched my heart and took a deep breath. "Jesus, you gave me a heart attack!" I said, glaring at him.

He just grinned and said "I never even got your name."

"Oh." I said, suddenly embarrassed. I couldn't believe we had gone through a conversation and I hadn't given him my name! "It's uh- I'm Aliana, but my friends call me Ali." I say, and smile nervously.

Joey nods and smiles. "Aliana. That's a nice name."

I smiled again. " Thanks"

I walked up to the counter, with Joey in close pursuit.

"Don't you want to know my name?" he asked casually. I laughed quietly and turned around to face him as the man behind the counter scanned the milk.

"I know who you are, silly billy." I say, crossing my arms and leaning against the counter.

Joey's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He looks adorable when he's confused. "Did Joe say my name out there? Oh wait, he did, didn't he?" he asked.

I laughed and shook my head, handing the cashier a $5 bill. "I knew before Walker came out." I said, smiling again. I noticed for the first time just how much he makes me smile.

"Ohhh." Joey says, as if he's just come across a great revelation. "You're a fan?"

I smiled and nodded. "I love The Harry Potter Musical." I said shyly.

Joey's face lit up suddenly. "We're putting on a new show! You should come and see it!"

I grinned in excitement. "I would love to!"

At that moment, Joe's head popped around the corner of the door, looking quite annoyed. "Richter!" he yelled loudly, causing everyone in the shop to turn and stare. "Have you asked her out yet?"

Both mine and Joey's faces burned bright red. Joey glared at Joe and pointed his finger out the door, mouthing "get OUT!" furiously. Joe rolled his eyes and withdrew his head.

"Um.." Joey said, still blushing slightly. "So.. Yeah, text me when you get home so that I have your number." I frowned slightly. "But, I don't have YOUR number."

He grinned "Yeah, you do. It's in your pocket." And with that he turned and jogged out the door.

I reached into my pocket curiously and found a tiny piece of crumpled up paper with a number scrawled across it. Above the number were the initials "J.R" and a smiley face drawn next to it. I smiled as I looked at it.

"So, are you going to call him?"asked a voice. I jumped and looked up, only to see the cashier leaning towards me excitedly. I held back my laughter and said "We'll see." and then turned and began walking home