Part Twelve

My mother was standing at Queens street in front of her car with a shotgun in her hand aimed at Naila's pitch black wolf. She was standing right in front of our house and I noticed the gate was open.

It didn't make sense seeing my mom like that. I mean,I know my grandpa taught her how to shoot when she was a kid,but she held this gun with a strong grip,barely shaking. And I noticed the shotgun was a Remington 887 with a twenty six inch barrel which was one of grandpa's collection. But was even more noticeable was the way she looked at Naila with so much hatred. Suddenly,a woman walked out from the house saying : "He isn't there.....oh....uhm,.......James,honey,step away from that woman,please." She said looking at me utterly concerned. She looked vaguely familiar somehow. She had light green eyes,freckles,she had brunette with streaks of red and purple in them. She wore a grey trench coat,back gloves,dark blue jeans and a black T-shirt. But what made me ponder was she know the wolf was a woman and so did my mom. "Who are you?" I asked. "Oh dear,where are my manners. My name is Eva. I haven't seen you since you were three years old. I helped you and mother escape." She said loudly. Confusion struck me. What did she mean by escape? "Escape what?" I asked curiously. "Eva,he doesn't know." Said my mom not daring to switch her eyes from Naila to Eva. "Wait,you didn't tell him? Why? You just made this a lot harder." Said Eva in a nagging tone. "Know what? That my Dad is werewolf and I'm a werewolf too?" I said repulsively at my mom. "James how do you know that?" Asked my mom,ignoring my anger. "Actually honey,you only have the blood of a werewolf,you're not a werewolf?" Said Eva. "Well I am now!" And with that said,I let out at loud growl at my mom. I felt so angry that she kept this from me.

"YOU TURNED MY SON!! YOU RELENTLESS BITCH!!" Yelled my mom with utter fury.

The only thing I heard after that were gunshots and loud growls. I got down on the ground cover my head with my arms. When the gunshots stopped,I looked up and saw Naila running away limping. I got even more angry as my wolf vision appeared,I turned to my mother and growled. "You hurt my Alpha! How could you!!" I yelled furious. I ran towards her in an attempt to attack her ,then suddenly Eva directed her hand at me and I felt shocking feeling in every part of my body . The pain was so unbearable,I passed out.

I woke up on my couch,I got up alerted when I heard the words : "Rise and shine,honey!" It was Eva. "What are you doing in my house!" I yelled at her disgust. I was angry when I recalled she did something to me which was extremely painful. "James! Don't talk to her like that!" Yelled my mom at the other side of the counter in the kitchen. I growled at her in response. Wow,growling is so easy to do,but so hard to control. As she heard me growl,she ducked down behind the counter as if she was getting something,but as I saw her get up,she slammed her shotgun onto the counter. "I dare you to do that again." I looked away and ran up the stairs to my room to put on new clothe because the clothes I'm wearing we're torn from bite marks and claw marks. I took a shower and put on black skinny jeans,a plain black T-shirt and red vans sneakers.

After I changed,I sat down on my bed to think. What would happen then? My mom knew I was a werewolf. Would she tell me about Dad and why he stopped coming to visit six years ago? Actually,would she tell me anything at all?

My head was laid in between my hands as the stress of over-thinking consumed me. Suddenly I heard a knock on the open door of my room. It was Eva. "Need someone to talk to?" she said. "More like someone to explain." I responded. "Okay,where do you want me to start?" She asked. "How about with my Dad?" I said with hope she would do just that.

"Okay then." She said. Somehow,I felt comfortable around Eva. She was like a long lost aunt of mine. I just felt at ease when she was around.

"It started at a hundred and seventeen years ago. Your father,Naphtali, was turning eighteen and he was going to take over the Bayne Delta tribe. He was excited ,he had been training and preparing since he was thirteen years old. Eighty nine years later,your father met you mother. He looked twenty four but he was a hundred and four where as your mother was twenty three . Your father wasn't ready to take over when he was eighteen but after a long amount of training,the position of his father was about to be offered to him. But things didn't go according to plan when there was a just one thing Naphtali had to do. There was an alliance between the Bayne Delta tribe and the Eastern Delta tribe which was suppose to be official when the two offsprings of the tribe Chiefsmen were to be mated,or force mated to be exact. In other words,in order for your father to take over,he had to be mated to Naila. For Naila,it wasn't much of big deal since she developed an obsessive crush on Naphtali. But then,your father had already mated to a human he fell for, Your mother. So then Naphtali refused to mate Naila and well.....he was exiled from the Bayne Delta tribe. At first he didn't take it too well,but he soon got into grips with himself and spent more time with Sarah,your mother. So he came to me asking to make him human so he could live normally with your mother. Unfortunately,that spell was out of my reach,but I knew a spell that could make him age as a human. So I granted him that. Three years later you father and mother lived in a nice,big house outside the tribe forest just because your father had separation issues and had hoped the tribe would possibly take him back. Two years later,your mother had twins,You and Joshua. And as the ye..." She couldn't finish her sentence as I interrupted yelled:

"Wait! What! I have a twin brother!?"

"Yes James. I am sincerely sorry that your mother didn't tell you. But she thought it was best for you if you lived a normal life. And let me explain what happened first. Okay?" She asked,I was so astonished and angry at the fact that I had a twin brother that I didn't know about. "Okay,please go on." I responded.

"Okay. Now it was year after your Parents had you and Joshua. Your grandfather,Simon Bolton,asked your father to return and take over the tribe but instead of mating to Naila he had to rule over as an equal to Naila. He accepted but when the tribe elders of the Bayne Delta tribe discovered James had twin offsprings,they enforced a wolf law on you two for the inheritance of your fathers position. The law was when you both turn eighteen,you two must fight to the death for the position of your father. And I know that the law was very harsh and midevil but the elders were old school as in really old school. You and your brother weren't full wolves. You two had to be bitten to be a full werewolf since your mother was human. But you two did have the wolfblood flowing through your veins. So a decision had to be made for your safety. Your grandfather couldn't interfere because he had no authority against the Elders. So your mother and father decided to separate you two. One of you would take the position of your father and train hard but the other would live a safe,normal life. Your grandfather pulled some strings with an old friend who lives in Banewood to hide you and well everything was looking bright for you. But on our journey to Banewood we were being hunted by supernatural assassins that had been hired to kill you and your mother. They were witches,rogues and vampires sent to assassinate you two,but you guys were safe under the protection of me and five other Deltas."

"Who hired these assassins?" I asked angrily.

"It was Naila." Was the shocking response I heard from my mom as she leaned against the door of my room looking to the floor in fury.

Naila tried to have me killed,I couldn't believe it.