Part Nine

"Listen here,child! From now on,if you ever attempt to disrespect me like that,I will cut your throat and watch you bleed out to death. I am not your match! You will do as I say or you will meet the consequences of getting on my bad side!

Do you understand?!"

yelled Naila looking at me with immense anger.

"I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

And with that I pressed myself hard against the oak tree in fear. I felt petrified at her wrath. I was so terrified of her. In fact,I had never felt so scared of anyone in my life. Even my own mother. I just couldn't bare her to even look at her in the eyes. Then suddenly the words : "Yes,I understand." escaped my mouth. She held her head high looking down to me in a degrading stare which I think was some kind of way to prove her dominance over me. I couldn't understand why I wasn't up on my feet lashing out for round two. I just felt so confused at how one person could horrify me like that. I not only felt speechless,but defenseless,like there was nothing I could do to fight her back.

"From now on,you and I will be seeing a lot of each other. When I call for you,you will come to this exact spot right here! Every time you hear a howl,you come here or I will personally drag you myself." She yelled. "But how? I barely remember how to get back,how will I get here?" I said trying to pull myself together. She walked towards the dead hare,inserted her fingers into the hare's blood,then walked towards me and scratched to oak tree I was laying against. She left a deep claw-like mark the tree with the blood cover it. "Get up!" She ordered. I was hesitant to stand up in front of her. "GET UP!" She raised her voice loudly which horrified me into lifting myself off the ground carelessly. "Catch the scent." She said. Confused by the statement,I couldn't follow what she wanted me to do. "W-what? The scent?" I stuttered. " Just inhale deeply and try to familiarize the smell. Its something you can do now. Just try." She said. So I did as she asked. I hunched toward the claw print and took in the smell of it. My nostrils began to feel more sensitive than ever and my sense of smell felt heightened. the aroma of the tree with the blood on it swiftly entered my nostrils. I knew I had caught the scent. "I think got it." I exclaimed. "That's your heightened senses are kicking in." She said in a serious tone. "Heightened senses?" I repeated once again confused.

"Its one of the capabilities of a werewolf. I can help you discover and control your abilities but I wasn't kidding about your loyalty. I need your allegiance to me. Being an alpha, I could force it out of you but I need your trust and I need to trust you,James." Said Naila before stretching her hand out for a handshake. I looked up to her in the eyes and I somehow felt that she was legit. "Why me? What do you want with me? I'm fifteen,I'm practically a kid." I said trying to reason with her to leaving me alone. Ever since she came around in her wolfie-whatever,I have never felt so confused. She has screwed with my logic completely. "Because you,being the son of a delta chief,you can get me back home. Back to my village......our village." She said trying to make sense of her reason of wanting my trust,but in retrospect,she wasn't getting successful. I just got more confused every time she started to mention who I am or what I am. "What do you mean by son of a delta chief. And what do you mean by our village?" I asked. "Your mom is about to arrive,I explain tomorrow at dawn."

And with that statement,I started to panic. Mom is very impatient,which is why she never wants to be kept waiting outside her own house for someone to open the gate,unfortunately I forgot that she called earlier today to tell me she forgot her keys,DAMN IT! "Uhm,could you please direct me to where I just came from?" I asked Naila desperately so I could escape the furious mom who will possibly murder me. "There." She said as she pointed North. "I would hurry if I were you,I know how she can be." A spark of anger burst out as I looked back at her in irritation,but I couldn't let my anger towards her be my downfall by mom.

I immediately started running North back to the house. Running further I identified the familiar pavements,walls and houses from the street of my neighborhood area. I felt a small piece of relief,but it was a short-lived when I saw my mom's car driving through the street. I started to panic and looked back to the house. "Okay,how does this work." I said to myself,trying to figure out how I could run super fast like I did before,its probably a werewolf trait. Trying to focus on the house,I forced myself to sprint,then suddenly my vision went blurry red but incredibly clear again and this time I got tunnel vision viewing the house and nothing else. I got closer and closer to the house in the incredible speed and when I finally reached the house,I was completely relieved then astounded by the fact that I reached the house faster than my mom's car.

A couple of seconds later Mom drove into the driveway waiting for me to press the button for the electric gate to open. Hesitantly,I did as expected but still trying to not to show my mom the blood stains from my hands and around my mouth.

Hours had passed,it was night and I had been in my room paralyzed on my bed trying to make sense of everything that has been happening.

So I'm werewolf,I have established that. Which would explain the paranormal occurrences or changes with me. And I'm guessing Naila is my Alpha,I know this since she stated it and also,I know how the whole 'Alpha' deal works with werewolves from my knowledge gained from werewolf movies. But what did she mean by 'our village'. My mom told me we've been living in this town since I was born and I was raised here. And what does she mean by Delta? I know its a type of werewolf or something. Its not a beta or alpha,and Delta can't be omega since she would be my alpha. Then what the hell is a 'Delta'?

But I guess I'll have my answers by tomorrow afternoon. But do I tell my friends what happened? No I can't,they won't believe and I certainly would not like to tell them that I had a fluffy,innocent creature for lunch. I guess I'll keep this stuff to myself.

*******

Monday

The day is kicked off okay this morning if I can say so myself. I got to school on time and I think I'm doing okay in the sanity department considering what happened in the weekend,I managed not to go completely bonkers to Brad about the strange things that happened to me. In fact,I haven't told anyone,yet. Half an hour later,the bell rang and school was starting

The torturing hours of school were over and I got dropped off at my house by my mom's friend. Unfortunately my mom couldn't pick me up because of some emergency. As soon as I got home I changed into a pair of black jeans and red shirt with red all star sneakers and did all my homework before five o'clock. I waited anxiously for the howl that Naila told me to listen to.

At 18:27 ,a howl echoed throughout the room from the forest and I knew exactly what that meant. When I got out the house I focused on the heightened sense of smell,I started to think about the smell of the dead animal,I soon caught the scent and followed the smell. I arrived at the scene around the oak tree with the claw mark on it and the deteriorated body of the hare at a far distance. It made me more sick when I recalled the fact that I ate that.

I had been waiting for what felt like hours and it was getting extremely late,but the impatience of my mom wasn't a problem,reason being she is coming back tomorrow,although I still have a problem with patience myself. My legs felt tired so I sat near the oak tree with my back against it waiting for her.

At 19:06, I heard a twig snap and I was immediately alert for Naila. "A bit late,don't you think? I mean,after all,you did tell me to come here when you howl." I spoke out indirectly to noone since Naila hadn't shown herself. I suddenly heard footsteps walking towards me from behind the oak tree,I got up and I was shocked to silence when I discovered it wasn't Naila. It was one of the my neighbor's kid,Sean.

"James? You're the rogue wolf?"