Part Seven

Half of the day had passed by and I finally had finished completing my last chore of the day. I was headed up the stairs for shower and maybe do some more thinking in a simple walk.

Twenty minutes later,I was ready after taking a good shower. I wore a black and grey hoodie,dark blue jeans and a white shirt. I walked out the door and locked it. Crime rate has been pretty high lately. Even with a dog as powerful as Sammy,Mom and I are not taking any changes. I passed through yard,and again Sammy glared at me like I sold his limbs on ebay for twenty rand.

I locked up the gate and turned around to find the street looking rather abandoned and deserted. It wasn't as busy as it usually was. No skater boys,no girls gossiping about the boys and no house parties or braais. It seemed so empty. But I guess I didn't mind,I wasn't much of a people-person anyway. I walked uncomfortably due to the fact that I was walking on the pavement opposite of the forest where my weird encounters happened. I was beginning to think that maybe I should take a different route to walk when suddenly the most attracting smell hit my nose. I couldn't helping but flare my nostrils into the air hoping to find the origin of the scent. But unfortunately,the scent led to the forest. "Come on,James. Just keep walking. Nothing in there is worth your attention." I said to myself trying to talk some sense into myself to keep moving away from the smell.

But then,the scent was so strong,so attracting,so pleasing that the scent had become my intuition. I impulsively started trying to follow the scent as I began to run towards the forest. The direction I was talking made the scent smell stronger and more attracting. I could tell I was getting closer to the pleasant smell. I passed so many trees and bushes that I could no longer see the street from where I had come from. I was getting lost,but for some reason I didn't really care. What mattered was the pleasing smell that caught my attention.

I had finally reached the pleasing aroma, but I was shocked back to my senses when I found out the pleasing aroma was a poor,little,wounded hare with a scars its neck. I could tell it was slowly dying by the way it was breathing. Its body started moving up and down at a pace that was so passive and slow. Which was unusual for hare given the fact that the heartbeat of a normal hare is two hundred and twenty heartbeats per minute. I felt deep sympathy till a very abnormal thought followed.

Trying my best to bear watching as the hare was bleeding out,the smell was so alluring to my nose. The hare smelt so luscious and delicious. I felt kneeling towards it and devour it with my bare hands. Suddenly my eye vision was so blurry and red. I could see only in the colour red. But my eye vision seemed a bit more clear in the red as if my vision was only improving than becoming defective. Then before I knew it.......I blacked out.

I soon regained consciousness and I got my natural vision back ,but after what I saw as I came back to my senses,I gasped in fear and guilt.

I saw my hands covered with blood and I felt a bitter,horrible taste on the buds of my tongue. Nearly wanting to cry,I saw what once was a hare in its final breath,was a deceased,bled to death animal on the ground with its insides splattered all over the ground and some on my hands.

I quickly crawled away from it,pushing myself using my feet to push me away. I tried top spit out the ugly taste on my tongue constantly,hoping it would get off.

My attention was cut away from the hare when I heard an intimidating voice coming fro behind saying; "Wow,your first feeding was very terrifying."

The voice sounded rather amused than scared of what I did to the unfortunate animal. As if the person had set me up to put it out of its misery in the first place.

I felt angered by that comment and turned around to see where the voice was coming from.

And I was paralyzed by the face of the voice.