Part Three

I continuously stare at the bite healing until not even a scar can show. I step backwards and questions pop inside my head.

What happened last night? Was it a dream? Am I dead? How did the bite mark heal? Are there really wolves in the forest? How could such a big wolf exist?

I needed answers. So right after I bathed,I ran to my room to wear a red short sleeve shirt,back jeans and vans sneakers. I decided to find answers at the local library. I ran downstairs in hurry to get there. "Mom! I going to the library!" I yelled grabbing my bag packed with a sandwich in case I got hungry.

I walked outside and started running. Which was very unusual because I never run when I am outdoors. Then I suddenly I noticed that I was running like I've never ran before. I ran past the street at a surprising speed. I was so fast that I caused an incredibly strong wind behind me that was able to move a stone pebble an inch forward.

I then targeted a newspaper delivery man throwing newspapers carelessly. He noticed that I was sprinting at an incredible pace. He dropped his mouth surprised at how fast I was. He suddenly challenged me to see who could reach the corner first. He winked at me and tilts his head toward a corner a long distance away,challenging me to race him and somehow ,I accepted the challenge,he started to speed up on his bike,which was apparently his advantage. But then something whispered to me "Is this all you got?" it said to me. Then suddenly, I felt like a large amount of weight had been lifted from my shoulders and then I began to run faster and faster. I caught up to the stranger on the bike,then sprinted ahead beating him by a mile and passing through the corner proudly.

Declaring the fact that I defeated him. But the man does not even look at me. Refusing the fact that he lost and riding away with the remaining pieces of his pride. Then more questions pop inside my head.

How was I able to run faster than a bike? What whispered to me? Am I on steroids? Has the government used me as a some kind of super soldier?

My urge to get some answers got stronger. Luckily,my destination is another corner away. As I walked closer to library. I saw the most troublesome gang in the neighborhood. The street spiders. These were one of the most cruel,mean,unhealthy gang in our society. The usually bully small children for money or phones. I often try my best to avoid and ignore them. But this time they noticed me and called me over. "Come here boytjie." I ran away trying to avoid them but the started they chasing after me. I must admit,they were very athletic. But they all were not fast enough to catch me. I used the incredible speed I briefly gained. And I was ahead by a approximately two miles and decided to take another route to the library.