Part 2: Mission

PART 2 OF THE LOST TWIN
***

Death is a funny thing with perception being its key element, a dying mother's son would probably call death cruel and unholy.

Yet I think Death is my friend, after all here I am, Rose Evans, alive and well.

And I have a mission. A mission to kill Lord Voldemort once and for all.

A mission I won't fail.

*Flashback to seconds after Voldemort casted the killing curse

Blinding white light fled my vision as memories started playing back in my head faster and faster: my goodbye to Dumbledore, the silent goodbye to my brother, thinking that I was a horcrux, snapping my wand in half, a great green light...

I gasped as I sat upright and immediately regretted it as the world started spinning, balancing up straight i looked around.

There was a clock on one side of the vast room, whereas the room seemed endless from the other side.

Where the hell was I?

"Rosie, love?," said a kind, soft voice that I had heard once before and caused me to slowly turn around.

"Mommy? Dad!" I looked at excitement between my mother and father and ran over to hug them but stopped short when I ran through my mother.

She was transparent, as if a ghost, or a dream from another life.

"Mom? Is this real? Am I dead?" I asked, confused, looking between my two parents.

My dad smiled and answered instead, "Rose, do you remember the last time you were here?"

I frowned, "Of course, one doesn't just forget the whole experience of death."

My mom smiled, "Oh Rose, but don't you see? You never died!"

I looked around the white room, my head pounding, confusing flooding my brain, "I'm really sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about, care to explain?"

My parents smiled as my mom answered, "Last time you were here, you begged us a for chance to go back vowing you would be a better person and you were Rose! You did it! This time when Lord Voldemort killed you, you didn't die for selfish reasons, you sacrificed yourself for the greater good!"

I blinked, "So that's why I can't touch you, I'm not truly dead?"

"Death doesn't need you Rosie, the real world needs you, Harry needs you,"
James Potter said as he looked into my eyes.

"So what happens now? I leave you guys again?" I said, as a stupid lone tear fell down my face.

My mom smiled kindly, "Rose before you and Harry were born, a prophecy was made about Harry saying that he would be the one to defeat Voldemort."

"What?" I said, my eyes widening and sadness filling up my insides; I wasn't needed after all.

"That's not all," Lily said her eyes lighting up. "Awhile later, months into the pregnancy a seer came to me and told me that i was having twins. She then prophesied that the chosen one would be the one to kill The Dark Lord, but only after the other twin made it possible."

"Wait but I haven't done anything to make it possible to kill the Dark Lord?" I asked questioningly, wondering what the point was.

My mother smiled and looked at my father whose eyes were twinkling, his green eyes looked into mine and said, "Rose, you're the chosen one. You have to kill Lord Voldemort."

And for the first time in a very long time, I felt a foreign feeling, a feeling I thought I would never experience again: hope.

I grinned, "Well I'll be needing a wand and a one way ticket out of here."

*****
I wrote this in 20 minutes and I cannot decide whether I like it or not so I'm publishing it and leaving it up for a day and if you guys want me to continue it I will, and I was thinking about this whole book of adventures with the whole Harry potter cast and a bit of romance *wink wink* (someone do me a favor and take my laptop away from me) but I'm open to suggestions!

Idk tell me if you like it?!

Oh and if you don't like it, then forget you read this, pretend Rose is still dead and live your merry life :)

Love you guys thanks for being so supportive!!! Xoxo