Meeting with the enemy

I take a deep breath before I scream again. "Peter!" I scream.
"Shut up!" Theo snaps. I've been screaming Peter's name for the last five minutes but we've officially lost him and the Lost Boys and Channing.

It's dark out and probably around nine at night. The moon is almost full and pearly white. The stars shimmer and glimmer with the wind and the cool breeze smells minty and sweet. The tiny mythical creatures scurry along side of the pale blue river to my left. The stallion's speed is like eight hundred miles per hour and the mane that sits right in front of me is silvery black.

My mind is steered away from my thoughts by a large huff of breath from Theo. "You should have come willingly the first time I asked." He says.
"No offense but there wasn't exactly an address for me to go to and maybe I was going but I just didn't know where to start to go there." I tell him bitterly.
"Maybe you should open your eyes and look for a giant castle." He chuckles.
"Maybe you shouldn't launch arrows at someone's head." I snap.

He ignore my last comment and faces his attention back to steering the horse. "It's late you should sleep." He says quietly.
"I'm not tired and I'm not sleeping in the arms of a deranged killer." I retort. After saying that I yawn.
"Not tired huh?" He grins.
"I will stay awake as long as I have to. The only reason I haven't left this position is because if I jump off I could get seriously hurt." Wait since when have I cared if I've gotten hurt? I turn my head back to Theo and smile. "On second thought." I loop under Theo's arms and I take a flying leap off of the stallion. I rumple and roll but come to a shot stop. Standing up I give a satisfied smirk. "It might leave a bruise or two but it's worth it." I call after him. Then I start sprinting into the forest or really tall grass.

*=*=*
I have to admit. While I run I would like to look at the scenery. But consider I'm being chased by someone it's not the best time is it?

Crackle!

I trip over my feet and fall to the ground. I look up and find a blue indigo caterpillar stretched across a flower vaping. "Who are you?" I asked amused. 
"Hilarious," the caterpillar rolls its eyes. "I'm Francis Pillit. And who are you?"
"Wendy, it's nice to meet you Francis." I smile. "Hasn't anyone told you that is bad for your health?" I motion towards the vape.
"It's come up a few times." Francis smiles back. "I'm not one to ask but is there anything I can do for you?"

"Actually there is." I say happily. "If it's not too much trouble."
"Well I would be honor to help the truest believer." He responds.
"Thank you so much you don't know what I've been through these past weeks and I-" I stop. "How did you know I was the truest believer?"
"My dear child," Francis crawls down from the tree. He's even larger then I thought. "No one comes around here unless they want something or they're hiding from the King of Hearts."
"Back to what I need." I change the subject not wanting to get into it with a giant bug. "I need to know how magic works here and I need help hiding."

Francis circles me and smirks. "Magic here is very tricky, but I'm sure you can figure it out. As for hiding, stay here I'll find someone who can keep you hidden."
"As I was saying it means a lot. Thank you for helping me Francis." I give him a gentle smile.
"Yes well as I said before it's an honor." Francis  disappears into grass.

I wait a couple of minutes then finally I see the ruffle of grass coming towards me. "Oh thank God I was getting worried."
"No need to fear for me." Francis calls out. "You should fear for you."
"What?" I shake my head in confusion.

"I think he means you should fear for you when we get to my castle." Theo steps out of the grass and lunges to me. He slaps on a pair of bronze cuffs.
"I thought you said you were gonna help me!" I yell.
"On the contrary!" Francis gasps. "I said it would be an honor to help the trust believer. Help them relieve the world of the pest called Peter Pan."

"I'll get you back for this!" I scream as Theo pulls me along.
"Don't be to sure about that." Francis hollers back.

*=*=*
"Are you comfy?" Theo asks as he locks the cell door. After we left the garden forest Theo brought me to the castle and then put me down in the dungeon. Which may I mention is completely empty except for me now.
"I would be if I wasn't in a dusty old cage!" I pounce at the bars reaching my hands through them. I would try to squeeze through the bars but they are to slim.

"You have something in your eye." Theo points out.
"It's probably dust it's filthy down here." I comment.
"No that's not it." He pulls my head up. "It's fear. Fear that Peter won't come, that I'll kill you, that you will never get your wishes in life."
"My only wish in life is that I'll see you dead by my hands!" I twist my chin out of his hold.
"Sleep well Wendy," he turns away to leave. "We have a big day ahead of us."

I sit down in the back corner of the cell and play with my locket. I put my head in my hands and shed a tear. "I knew I shouldn't have fallen for Peter. Look where it's gotten me." A pain grips my chest as I lie to myself. "Who am I kidding? I would have gotten myself in this mess anyway. I'm a walking time bomb and the only thing anyone wants me for is the thing that keeps me alive." I wipe my cheek only for it to be wet again by another tear. "I miss how my old problems were either what would I have for breakfast or if Matt liked me or not. I miss how the only evil in my life was Jackson, Micheal, and Jenny. That was the extent of the evil." I take a look at my locket.

I rest my head against the crackled wall. "How did I let myself  turn into this? I should have just tried to ignore what everyone was saying and be me. I didn't have to be scared or brave. I just have to be ready and prepared." I open the locket and see Peter and Channing leading the Lost Boys through the grass forest. Then before I close it I see them start floating. Good to know pixie dust still works here. To bad I don't have my pre believed pixie dust, Airsoft gun, or pocket knife with me. I close the locket knowing they would be here soon. I don't know when but I know it's soon.

"You can take everything I have, you can break everything I am, like I'm made of glass, like I'm made of paper. Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper." I sing Skyscraper by Demi Lovato. I stare into a small window that's not big enough for me to crawl through. I stare up at the stars. "I wish I was with someone safe." I sigh and close my eyes. "But wishes don't come true."

"Why ever not Love?" I jump up and see Peter standing above me.