Chapter 10- Mina

Chapter 10

It was a cold Monday morning of the so called 'holiday' and again we had twelve whole hours to venture around the enormous mansion. I still hadn't explored even half of it - but the parts I had seen were lush and priceless. Once again, I found myself dumb-struck on the landing, wondering what to do. Tommorow would be the rehearsals for the huge hit show by her majesty, so I needed my rest. I sighed and kicked my pampered foot. I wanted to make peace with Cheyenne but couldn't pluck up the courage to say anything. I sauntered into the pink glass lift and watched the rooms fade into colourful blurs. I hit the ground floor. The doorbell rang. I clutched the door handle and swung it open. Reese.

"Reese...," I whispered "Reese, what are you doing here? Quick come inside," I hurried her in, "Reese?"

It took a few moments for her to reply. You could tell she was very upset, her ginger hair rested loose on her shoulder, her clothes were loose on her slouched body, and her eyes were puffy and red. "I came back, I wasn't really fired. Cheyenne tricked me." she whimpered softly, and forced out a laugh. 

Cheyenne burst into the hallway,wearing a flawless plum skirt and a bird-print blue jacket, she looked happy for once. Her face fell when she saw us though. But she didn't scream for once. Cheyenne took a deep breath. 

"Welcome back." she said and smiled, almost as if she was the different Cheyenne that was on television. Then it all switched off. She glared at us once again, "I WANT A PIZZA WITH NO CHEESE UNLESS IT'S FROM MEXICO!" she demanded and ran off. 

After a disastrous lunch, I chilled on a swinging sofa outside in an enclosed little forest in the back of the garden. The sun had come out a little, and it glowed onto my face, making me feel slightly better. I scanned my mobile, no texts, and then laid in the sun soaking up the peace. I was soon dozing off...

It was an orangey sunset when I did come out of my sleep. I jumped up straight away to see a dark figure hanging from one of the skeletal trees. 

" Ouch!" it was Cheyenne, her ankle twisted clockwise, "Ahhh!" she screamed and let go of the branch. I ran forward, and caught her just, but Cheyenne managed to fall out of my grip. Her arm hit the ground floor first and smacked the earth. We both screamed in harmony.