Chapter 6- Mina

Chapter 6

I was left in a dim lit hallway, clueless on what to do next. It was probably midnight but nobody had shown me to my room and I certainly wasn't going to ask the brat, that was Cheyenne. The others had abandoned me for the heated swimming pool and jacuzzi, Elisa was probably curled up crying in a locked room, and the parents of the home were nowhere to be seen. I sighed and pulled my cheap little phone out of my pocket. I scrolled down my contacts until a friendly name appeared on my screen. Living miles away, my email pal Clarice was always there when I texted her. She had practically screamed down the phone when I had told her about the music video extra, but writing the first few letters I remember I had no credit. I threw my mobile onto the gleaming polished wooden floor, not caring. I would probably get an I phone 100 from this mansion soon. I crouched on a orange chair hanging from the white ceiling, looking up at the winding staircase. Jumping up, I wandered towards to steps, I wanted to find my room.

I suspected my room would be on the fourth floor, because the pool and spa was on the first, the dining room and mini bars on the second, and the relaxation and disco rooms on the third. When I reached the top I gasped. There were about ten rooms all circling around me, each reflecting the chandeliers light that hung from the middle. Each door had it's own sparkling gold name plate surrounded by glitter and stars. I scanned for the name Mina and suddenly, ninth door down, there it was, with a silver handle to go with it. Amazing. I flew, mouth hanging open in shock, towards it and slowly turned the handle as if it was a fairytale. It really was like stepping into something off the movies. Better.  The whole room was crystal white or a pale blue, a huge four-poster bed placed by the beautiful french windows opening up to a flower-filled balcony. A built in wardrobe took up all of the north of the room, but there was plenty of room for a plush curled blue chair and a massive ocean themed television. The walls were painted halfway in stripes, but the rest was a peaceful white. Fairy lights draped over the walls, and a glass door led into a dolphin en-suite. Flowers were in vases everywhere you stepped, a beautiful mirror stood above the bed, there was even my own mini bar in the corner - I could see colas and fries piled up in the cabinets. I took a deep breath and fell softly onto the duvet and closed my eyes. Even if Cheyenne was a complete idiot, she could never ruin this...

Ten minutes later there was a gentle knock on the door. "Room service!" said an unfamiliar cheery voice. " It's Reese, your personal assistant."

I giggled happily at the very thought of having my own P.A , "Come in!" I called cheerfully. She opened the door and a tray was balanced on her right arm, full with what looked like a chicken salad, a slice of crusty white bread, and a strawberry-stuffed scone. " I thought you might be hungry, so I went down to the kitchen and got you this. Hope you like organic turkey with home-grown lettuce." Reese looked down at the food, suddenly crestfallen, " Oh Man! I've forgotten the fries. I'll just go and get them-"

"Don't worry - I'll deffinetly do without," I said, walking up to pour both of us a orange juice. I handed it to her and smiled.

"Hey!" she said in her strong American accent, "I'm the one who is meant to do that. Thanks!"

" No problem. You're the only friend I've got here." I told her truly. 

"Not Cheyenne then?" I shook my head, "Good. Honestly, I can't stand the child. My cousins Elisa and Beauty get the worst of her. So I'm pretty lucky getting amazing guests like you. Otherwise, I would be out of here." she said, swaying her gorgeous curly ginger hair whilst drumming her fingers on her thigh. I grinned. 

"Right - better be off. Her highness wants another chicken wing. Bye Mina." I waved goodbye, munching on the amazing food. The chefs here were talented. 

I was asleep in seconds, in some silk pyjamas I found in the wardrobe. If I ignored Cheyenne, this holiday might just rock.