The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(6)

sorry it took so long.

comment :)

We sat there, chatting it up, all on towels lounging out in the bright sunlight. I could already feel my skin tanning.

"I am going to have the worse sun burn EVER by the end of today." I admitted, putting my hand up to block the sunlight while I waited for Morgan or Jamie to offer me some sun screen. While Jamie handed me some, and I started rubbing it on my legs, Morgan gave me that a look like I was about to be playing 20 questions... only it would be one sided.

"So.." I thought was Tanya who was still hadn't moved from her towel, not even to roll over to spare her back from the high noon sun. "You come from New Hampshire." She said, even though it was supposed to be a question. I had a feeling she didn't like me for some reason I couldn't find. I hadn't done anything to her, and I wasn't even sure this was her name.

"Yeah, Belmont, New Hampshire. It's like the artic compared to here." I joked.

"Why'd you move?" Am I the only one who noticed her rude tone? I gave her a funny look.

"My Dad got offered a job... that paid better then the one he had. I guess there is a hostpital being built in Fort Meyers that needed surgeons and they thought my Dad would be the man for the job." I smiled, remembering how happy my Dad was when an old time friend called offering him a job.

"That HUGE Hospital?!?! Your Dad is working there?!" Jamie said, sounding surprised.

"Yeah. It was bigger then Lakes Region, with better pay so my Dad just couldn't refuse the offer." I shrugged, not really minding her surprise, though I didn't reall understand it I mean how big could it really be?

"And you were just okay with it? I mean moving like 15 states away from your friends..."

"Thirteen." I corrected Taunya immediately and it didn't help her bitterness towards me. "and of course I was sad. I lost all my friends, in one fell swoop but my Mom promised on the vacations Devon can come down, or I could go back up." I smiled, happy that I would be able to see her again. We had been best friends since eighth grade and I was pretty sure that was never going to change, which reminds me I was going to have to call her later.

"Who is Devon?" Ryan asked, walking up the small breach and dumping his body on to the sand. I had finished laying on a heavy layer of Sun Screen, when the rest of the boys came up to join us on the sand.

"My best friend." I said instantly not even thinking about it.

"More like boyfriend." Jamie said, a wide smirk on her face. "Dish."

My eyes got wide, as everyone stared at me and I looked at Chase for a way to get me out of this, not that it was bad but everyone was literally looking at me like I had something important to say. But his face looked hurt, with a weird red tint.. Sun burn. Hurt?

"She is my best friend, her name is Devon Sweeney and I am currently not dating her actually- I'm pretty sure her boyfriend would fight me to the death with a light saber." I joked, and instantly Chase's face was relived I sighed.

He is SO cute. I blushed at that thought, thinking that I had only known hi for less then twenty-four hours so I should probably keep it in my pants.

"Light saber?" Taunya asked.

"Girl?" Ryan asked.

"I still can't believe that your Dad is gonna work at that monstrous place. His first pay check- were going shopping!" Jamie announced, and I laughed.