The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(2)

3\17\10

I would be lying if I said I didn't think about what I put on this morning. I knew my Dad would want me to be out in the yard clearing some of the brush so he could mow the grass that was shabby and clearly needed some attention. Neither of my parents knew I had met Chase, they didn't even know I moved from my spot on the couch.  

But this morning, I got in shorts and a band t-shirt. Due to years of soccer my legs were my favorite part of my body. They were long and toned and I didn't mind working myself in a pair of American Eagle shorts when the weather called for it. The bright white band t-shirt was also a test. It read the name of my favorite band, Automatic Loveletter. Chase didn't have to like them, he just had to know of them and that would be enough for me. 

I didn't want him to think that I actually got dressed them morning to impress him, even though I totally did. I had to be inconspicuous so I didn't look like some total creep. I didn't want him knowing that when he left all I really thought about was him and how we would change my life. 

Like a typical girl, I pictured the best. The Nicholas Sparks books I grew up on taunted me... playing scenes in my head. But then I thought of the worst, which would be just not talking to him ever again. Which I could see happen, I mean we really did only talk for fifteen minutes.  

Those thoughts of how stupid I was the night before didn't stop me from throwing my hair up into a messy bun and thumping down the stairs cheerfully. 

"Here comes the elephant!" My Mother warned my father playfully, but I just smiled at their smirks. 

"You don't even know! I have so much energy!" I admitted, hopping slightly in one spot. My Dad laughed. 

"We can see that, and it's 8:30- Do you know any teenager that can be this happy in the beginning of the summer at this time of the morning?" My Dad asked my Mom sarcastically, and I just slapped his arm happily. 

"When have I ever been a typical teenager?" I gasped, but thought to myself .. . 'besides last night.' 

"Well I didn't plan on cleaning the lawn until around ten.." He said, motioning to his pajama pants. I just rolled my eyes. 

"Fine, lazy bum. I think I'm gonna go walk the neighborhood or something." I grabbed my Ipod from the coffee table before walking to the front door. 

"Have fun!" My Mom said, and she looked really happy that I was actually setteling here.  

Outside it was still a little cool, and as I plugged my ipod in to listen to shuffle, I felt the urge to run.  

I wasn't ashamed of running, I was nervous to run in front of a bunch of houses of people I didn't know. I actually lost myself in the beat that my feet was hitting the pavement, and my music. The way my house was set up was in the middle of the neighborhood, with rows of houses before and after us.  

I lost track of how many times I had run in front of my house, I just loved my beating heart and the feeling of my hair flying behind me. When I finally had to stop and catch my breath, I stopped randomly on the side walk and bent over to touch my toes. Heaving heavily. 

"Aw, and I was just coming out to join you!" A voice said, making me jump up in surprised. Chase stood in front of me in baggy shorts and a t-shirt carrying an Adidas bag on his shoulder. 

"Running away? Should I tell your parents?" I asked sarcastically, winded. My face felt flushed from running and I could feel the sheen of sweat on my skin.  

"Hah. Funny..." Chase said sarcastically back but with a smirk. "Actually, I'm going to the high school to practice for Soccer."  

"Soccer try-outs? But my Mom called the school- they don't start till the end of the summer." I said, a little taken back. I had made sure my Mom asked about it. Had she gotten the date wrong?