Prologue: A Gruelling Start

Warning: This book is published so not all of the content is available. The Chapters available here is a Kindle sample. One Friday Night is available on Amazon for ebook and paperback :)

~*~

"YOU SON OF A PIG! I LEAVE YOU FOR ONE HOUR TO TRY MY WEDDING GOWN, AND YOU DECIDE TO DO THE HUMPTY HUMP WITH THE SALES LADY?" I roared, my eyes seeing only red.

Okay, let's all hit pause here and take a moment to shout as many curse words in every possible language you know at my ex-fiancé. And while we're still at it, I'll explain to clear some things up.

You see, I was — I repeat, was, because no way in Satan's hairy ass am I getting back with that poor excuse of a representative for the opposite sex — engaged to this disgusting creature I had known in college. He's what I always thought my Mr. Perfect would be: sweet, caring, gentleman, generous and understanding. A dreamboat or overall package, as some would say. He can sweep you off of your feet with that once-pleasing-in-my-eyes grin in a blink of an eye and have you find yourself trip over your words like you're some sort of illiterate.

Geoff Jetting is a panty-dropping, two-faced AF man whore that until a few moments ago, I believed is part of the five percent stick-to-one guys out there; a highly devious creature that will convince you he's so loyal to the point you trust him completely. But like all men, he still has the capacity and gall to cheat.

With those chocolate brown eyes that hypnotize you, a Colgate smile that blind you, six-pack abs that are hard as a rock and a cute babyish face that now make me think twice about my life, trust me, girls, those things can either be the devil or an angel.

Geoff has been my boyfriend for three years, fiancé of two months and the president of Jetting Motors, a station that was passed on to him by his father after we graduated. It was all a waste of time, now, that I look at it. I could have done lots of adventurous things or partied properly instead of getting together with him in my last year of college. But no.

Despite my friends' warnings, I had to go and be blinded by all those sweet but fake gestures. Those dinners by candlelight, laying on the grass and stargazing kind of dates... pfft, all lies. I am disgusted by how I threw their warnings aside. I mean, what kind of friend did that make me? I should have, at least, considered it; instead, I was delusional to even think that he was willing to wait for an inexperienced, prick-tease virgin like me; the one who had this amazing moral that was forever etched in her.

Not that I mind, though. I am beyond glad I didn't give up the card to him. Ha! Point for me.

Ugh, now, go and hit play. I really want to get this over with.

The sales lady reddens, looking like a deer caught in headlights. Well, at least, she has the decency to look ashamed and embarrassed. Geoff, on the other hand, has this rotten smirk and relieved look on his face, completely unabashed as if he intended to get caught.

"Oh, thank goodness! Now I can stop pretending. Well, good night to you, Allie. Just catch a cab home, okay? And if it isn't obvious enough, the wedding is off, but I paid for the dress already so you can keep that little piece of rag. Ciao!" He picked his blazer off the lush cream-colored couch and waved goodbye, the cheeky smirk still plastered on his now devilish face.

I watch as his back disappears from my line of sight, willing myself to run after him, to give him a piece of Athena Allison Hastings' limited edition, wedding-style bitch freak, but my body cannot move an inch. I am too paralyzed from the anger, shock, betrayal, and heartbreak. I force myself to do something, anything ― too bad my muscles felt like freezing in place.