Chapter: 30

Twitter: @liahfotcb_dream

Chapter 30: My First Phone Call, and Getting Rough

I could hear pounding footsteps right outside the small, conservative room I've been staying in. I could normally hear them every few minutes pass by the door, then they would leave. It's been like that for the past three days. I can tell there are other people in the house because of the way the footsteps sound when they are passing by. Some of them are soft footsteps, some loud, and some a little bit of both.

For the past three days, it has always been the same routine. Chris comes in the room to feed me food, I refuse to eat it, then he leaves after roughing me up. By roughing me up, I mean tie me to the same wooden chair as he had before, slap me, punch me, do any type of abuse possible, then untie me and leave me basically unconscious until dinner time and the whole process repeats again.

I refuse to eat for two reasons. Number one reason would be because what if Chris poisoned it, and I didn't know? Number two reason would be because there is no way in mercy I will ever give Chris the satisfaction of defeating me, I am a very stubborn girl. To say I am weak, would be a complete and utter understatement. I don't think I have ever in my whole entire life of living, felt this weak before. Not eating for three days except the occasional sips of water, and add on getting beat up day and night for three days strait, you've got a weak seventeen year old girl who helplessly got kidnapped for no apparent reason.

Currently, I'm sitting on the edge of the small twin sized bed rubbing my new bruise that had formed on my left cheekbone. I huffed in a breath as I rubbed it out. There is a small clock hanging up on the bland wall, and it read around twelve-forty five in the afternoon.

That's my cue.

Every time around this time of day, I always try and pick the lock on the door and unlock it. So far, I've failed. The first time I tried, Chris caught me and 'punished me' pretty badly trying to teach me a lesson. Of course I didn't learn my lesson, because I'm still trying to escape. Lock picking is a lot harder than what people make it out to be, I mean in movies, they get in within seconds, and it's been days and I still can't get out.

I pushed my body up and off of the edge of the bed, my legs burning in protest, and made my way quietly to the door. I pulled my two bobby pins out of my hair and began my crafty work. The bobby pins were already in my hair from graduation, but I don't think Chris thought anything of it to maybe take them from me and stash them away like he had done with my phone.

Forty-five minutes later, with sweat trickling down my face, and squinting eyes, I had given up. I flopped down to the floor and cradled my head in my hands with frustration.

'What is with this stupid lock!? Why won't it just freaking unlock so I can get the hell out of this hellhole.'

With a frustrated groan, I pushed myself up off the floor, and with the last little bit of hope I had left, I jammed the bobby pins into the hole of the lock and twisted them around.

I was about to give up again after twenty agonizing minutes of not getting anywhere with the stupid lock, when suddenly, I heard the most glorious noise in my whole entire life, it was a soft little click of a lock being unlocked. I did the biggest mental happy dance ever, and stuffed my bobby pins back into my hair, hiding them underneath just in case Chris finds me again and suspects me. I immediately turned the door knob in my hand, but very slowly, so no one could hear me, then I stepped out of the doorway. My eyes had to adjust to the sudden brightness of light because I was stuck in darkness for so long. I blinked rapidly, then felt more comfortable to continue forward. I walked slowly, one bare foot in front of the other. This time though, instead of walking strait forward like I did before, I walked to the left and down a hallway. Don't ask me why, I mean I know the house is two stories and I know where the stairs are, it's just that I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach.