Chapter: 8

Twitter: @liahfotcb_dream

Chapter 8: Mall Shopping

When we reached the mall, it was gigantic. I think one thing I have learned since I have arrived here in California is that everything is huge. I know the saying is ' Everything is bigger in Texas,' but where the Strouds live, doesn't even match up to Texas's standards. Just looking from the outside you could tell it was three stories high. It looked very neat, you know, with no trash around, fountains everywhere outside, and many people going in and coming out of the mall. There were beautiful, big trees, and instead of having dull colors like brown as a paint for the outside, it is green, red, orange, and many more different colors. It felt very welcoming, I loved it. We all stepped out of the giant truck, and started heading towards the mall, that was actually called Sunset Mall. When we reached the front of the mall, we walked through a pair of sliding glass doors, when we stepped inside, the first store I saw was the candy store. I have a pretty big sweet tooth, and when I see candy, I automatically want to buy some. I started walking towards it, totally forgetting I was with other people, when I felt someone grab the bottom of my shirt, I turned and saw a smiling Blake. His peraly white teeth flashed me, and it made me think how handsome all the boys were in this family, I mean Jacklen and Charles must some magic fertilizing potion or something.

" Where do you think you're going?"

" Uh...to the candy store" I gave him a sly smile as I explained that I was actually planning on heading to the candy store. Jacklen came up next to me and patted my shoulder with a small smirk on her face.

" Sorry Babydoll, but we've got shopping to do, maybe when we are done you can get some candy."

Colton looked at is mom, and stuck out his bottom lip like a puppy dog, batting his eyelashes in the process, making his blue eyes pop with color, and said

" Can I get some candy too?"

" I will think about it Colton, but right now, the first store we are off too is Victoria's Secret, lets go."

I love Victoria's Secret, except I normally shop in the Pink section of the store, not necessarily the Victoria part. I just hate how expensive that store can be, like why is a pair of underwear so much money, it's not like the whole world is going to see it. All three of the boys groaned, and Jack said

" Mom! I don't want to go there, can't I go to a different store while you shop there, it is so boring. You always make us follow you around there, it makes me uncomfortable when their are girls everywhere with bras loaded all up on their arms. "

I had to stifle a laugh at Jacks statement, because it is all true. Jacklen turned around with her hands placed on her hips and replied

"Fine, but tell me where you are going, and do you have your phone?"

"I am going to Game Stop, but I don't have my phone...sorry."

"Ugh Jack! I told you to have your phone with you at all times, but do you listen? No. Now go to the store you want, before I change my mind and have you follow me around the bras and panties section."

Jack smiled brightly, then turned around in the opposite direction we were heading. We were walking past quite a few stores, most that were all stores I liked like Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, and Wet Seal. Then, we started passing by the food court, and that's when Colton said

" Moomm...I'm hungry!!"

" Well Colton,you are just going to have to wait, it is only one-thirty."

" Please mom, I am soooooo hungry, can't we just get something quick to eat!?"

Jacklen stopped walking, then rolled her eyes and said under her breath