Chapter Sixteen

Read, Enjoy, Vote and comment

~~~~~~

I settled into the sofa with Sophia next to me, her eyes drifting shut as the boys carried on chatting about quidditch. Dan had promised to take her home in an hour, three hours ago and well she'd given up complaining.

"Dan, Soph's asleep." I yawned rubbing my eyes as I kicked his shoulder. "You need to take her home."

"Alright." He sighed dramatically throwing his head back to look at us; Soph was slumped over the arm rest. "Well it's been nice; see you in a week or so."

"Bye Dan." I laughed hugging him, "Say hi to Lorna and tell her off for not replying to any letters."

"Will do." He laughed hugging me back before shaking Soph awake. "Time to go home."

"YAY!" she laughed in a tired voice. "Love you guys, don't get pregnant."

I fell back down to the sofa and relaxed; it's been a long day and night. "I'm knackered." Oliver yawned sitting next to me.

Silence rang through the house; everyone had gone to bed a good few hours ago leaving the older kids chatting. "Me too, how do you do this every year?"

"Practise." He chuckled closing his eyes and flinging his arms over the top of the sofa. "You can have my bed, I'll sleep down here."

"I'm smaller I'll be more comfortable here than you will."

"True, but I've always wanted you in my bed." The breath left my lungs until I realised he was making a bad joke. "Come on, I'll show you which one it is."

I followed him up through the house, passing multiple closed doors before he pushed one open. Everything was quidditch orientated, his brooms were in the corner, posters lined the walls and a quaffle sat on his bedside table, pride of place.

"A Clean sweep Four." I laughed running a hand down its handle. "Nice."

"My first broom; got it for my eleventh birthday top of the range it was."

"I remember, Martin and John got them but I wasn't allowed one." I grinned turning around to look at him, he had that lop sided smile stretched across his face and his eyes were half closed.

I wish he'd stay.

"Here." He passed me a bundled top and bottoms before walking to the door, "Night Anna."

"Night." I smiled as the door clicked shut and his footsteps echoed down back to the living room.

Despite myself in more ways than one, a smile pressed its way onto my lips as I slipped into his bed, I wanted him with me sure but I didn't want to be this weak. I could have easily asked him to walk me next door. But, I don't have a key and everyone's probably asleep.

If Leah knew where I am right now, she'd freak out.

I rested my head on the pillow and stared at the bedside table, the quaffle sat pride of place, against an alarm clock and a bundle of paper, I'll have to have a sneaky look at those in the morning, because right now; dreams of Oliver and the ball are calling my name.

---

"What are you doing down here?" Mum asked passing me a hot cup of tea, "Did you walk Anna home?"

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes before answering, "In my bed."

"Ollie, what is Anna to you." Mum sighed patting my leg as she put her mug down. "I see the way you stare at her and the way she makes a point to not look at you."

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"Bull shit, do I have to ask her?" she threatened and I shook my head that would be mortally embarrassing not just for her, but me also. "Tell me then, do you like her?"

"Yes." I grumbled, "We went to that ball together and it went well until she told me about her brothers."

"So what about her brothers?" mum snapped slapping my leg. "She's not her brothers, that much is evident. She's here and not with them!"

"But I'm scared."

"Aw my baby." She sighed softening instantly and wrapping her arms around me, "You are so brave, I remember the first time you got on a broom. You fell off and broke your arm, but you got straight back on. Greg was scared too for a while after but you weren't. What can Anna do that you're so scared of?"

"She . . . she's perfect, I mean she knows exactly what I mean." I shrugged. "And I'm only eighteen! I shouldn't be finding the perfect person yet."

"Your Nan was sixteen when she married your Grandfather, and she loves him more everyday . . . I loved your dad the first time I saw him. Falling off his broom and swearing like a sailor. I was seventeen. Not forgetting Claire and James, they've been together since Hogwarts."

"Yeah, but you're women." I stated like it was obvious, she cackled for a good few minutes before sobering enough to respond.

"You're a Statham through and through no matter what your father says, you're my son." She smiled pinching my cheek. "Now go make Anna a tea and wake her up before Greg finds out."

I pushed my bedroom door open and looked immediately to my bed. Anna was fast asleep; the sun was hitting her blonde hair making it shine like a halo around her head. Shutting the door behind me I put her tea on the bedside table and walked to my drawers, eager to change from the clothes I'd slept in, which still smelt like bonfire.

I turned around to throw the smelly top into the washing bag and saw Anna sitting up rubbing her eyes, "Good morning." I grinned walking over and passing her the tea.

"Morning." She mumbled, blushing red. "Thank you."

"Fancy going for a fly today?" I asked pulling on a clean top and sitting next to her on my bed. "The skies clear enough and the suns low so we'll not be too obvious."

"Sure." She said after taking a long sip. "I'll need to get changed; those trousers aren't made for anything but looking good."

"And you did look good." I smiled making her retreating blush come back with vengeance.