Chapter Fourteen

Read, Enjoy, Vote, Comment

Dissertations suck balls

~~~~~~~

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,

Oh my days Anna, only you. This would only happen to you.

How's it going anyway? Is his brother as fit as he is, can I meet this older Wood that I didn't know about?

My nephew is gorgeous, he looks just like me; should I steal him and bring him back with me?

Please send gossip I'm bored and Lorna's too busy with Dan to reply to my letters.

I'm still laughing.

Soph xxxxxxxxxx

I shook my head as I put the letter from Sophia down on the bed as my cousin Leah came into the room and bounced onto her bed, opposite mine, her brown hair flying everywhere as she did so.

"This about next door?" she asked laughing as I nodded. "The older one is fitter than the younger."

I rolled my eyes as I smiled, biting my tongue. "What we doing today?"

"Nothing." She stated messing her hair up as she pushed it back over her head. "Wanna go for a wander round the village."

"Get some Coke." I grinned and she rolled her eyes shaking her head.

"Spy on the Wood's?" she smiled perking up a little. "They always go off into the countryside for hours together, I wonder what they do?"

"Play sport." I stated, as much as Leah knew about magic she got confused easily if I told her too much. "And I don't want to stalk Oliver."

"Your friend Soph can come visit; we'll spy on Greg all day together."

"It wouldn't be spying, she'd be right there talking to him." I laughed grabbing the hoodie her older brother had given me when I'd complained at the start of the holidays about being cold. "She has no fear that girl."

"Let's go already; I at least want to catch a glimpse."

Ten minutes later and we'd dawdled all the way across the village to the shop and bought some snacks. "And then she kissed him, right in the middle of the dining hall. It was gross."

"Gross?" I asked laughing.

"Yeah, it was all tongues on display and shit. I mean I don't know if it's nice or not. Is it?"

"Is what?" I asked, praying that she wasn't going to actually ask me.

"Kissing someone like that."

"Depends on who it is." I sighed looking over at her, she was my height already. "I've had one horrible one and one really nice one."

"Ooooh." She grinned bouncing in front of me with a grin. "Who was it? Tell me please, I won't tell anyone it's not like I'm ever going to meet them!"

"Leah." I groaned pulling her around and heading back towards the house.

"Go on, please tell me." She pleaded loudly, I shook my head. "Anna, you're the closest thing I've got to a big sister tell me who you kissed!"

"No!" I laughed feeling the blush rise on my skin. "Leah shush."

"I'll be quiet if you tell me." With that she pulled me to a stop beside the park which sat on the edge of the village, between the house and the shops. "Please Anna, I love you."

"Fine, it was Oliver."

"YOU KISSED OLIVER WOOD!" she actually bellowed before I could slam my hand over her mouth. "Oh my god!"

"Leah shut up!" I hissed looking around terrified he'd be there.

But there was someone much worse.

Greg.

---

"Quidditch." Greg stated throwing my broom at me as he walked past, "Dad's playing too."

"That's three of us then, is Claire back?" I frowned standing up and following him out of the house and towards the back gate.

And I saw Anna, standing there with her broom in hand, a big hoodie drowning her as she stood next to dad. She looked cute and tiny, panic rose in me. Greg doesn't hold back, what if she gets hurt?

"I've not been able to play with the two of you in ages; this is going to be so much fun." Dad exclaimed suddenly, before turning to Anna in all seriousness "Will you be back in the summer?"

"For a bit yeah, but I'll be trying to get my own place."

"Excellent, more games in the warm weather then." He grinned and led the way through the fields towards the clearing in the woods.

"I see where you get it from." She said from beside me.

"Gonna score a few with Ollie are we?" Greg grinned; I frowned confused as his grin grew more mischievous. "You're on my team Ollie, Anna you're with Dad."

"You can't play in that hoodie." Dad said to Anna as we stopped and cleared a few stray branches from the goal posts. "You might get it caught on one of the twigs."

"She'll get cold dad." I snapped not being able to help myself.

"I'll warm up once we're up there." She shrugged pulling it off and chucking it to the side. "Come on then, it's been ages since I've played."

I smiled as she jumped onto her broom and took off, dad winked at me as he followed Greg up after Anna.

I watched her zoom around the small space we'd created, her tee shirt flapping in the wind, her cheeks pink and a determination in her eyes that I hadn't seen for a long time. Not since we had dinner together after our game and she'd eaten so much I'd had to carry her back.

"Oliver!" Dad roared, I snapped back to reality just in time to see her shoot, I saved it by my fingertips. "Don't fanny about, keep your head in the game."

I frowned and threw the ball to Greg and looked over to Anna who snapped her head back around and dove after Greg who was ready to shoot against Dad. Half an hour later and we were back on the ground, Dad's back had gone again and well, you can't really play with three.

"Sorry guys, I was having a good time as well." Dad laughed leaning on Greg who was rolling his eyes dramatically, "Will see you on Friday for Hogmanay?"

"Sure." She said waving as Greg helped Dad back to the house. "So, this was fun."

"What does Greg have over you?" I asked as she pulled back on the huge hoodie. "Or did you really want to play with us?"

"I don't hate you Oliver." She sighed grabbing her broom and heading back through the woods.

"You should." I called following in her wake. "I wouldn't blame you in the slightest, I'm a dick."

"Yes, well I still don't." she shrugged not turning back to face me.

"Anna!" the neighbour girl called from outside the woods, "Oh, did I interrupt?" she grinned winking at us.

"Leah, home." Anna almost growled grabbing her cousin and dragging her along.

I watched her walk away from me and something dropped deep inside me. I wanted her to be mine, more than I wanted anything else, more than I want the quidditch cup. But only just.

She turned around to see where I was as she got to the fence at her aunt's house; I raised my hand in a wave only for her to turn and jump the low fence and disappear from site. I moved my grip on the handle of my broom and ran across the fields; I might need some help for this.