Chapter Nine

Read, Enjoy, Vote, Comment. x

~~~~~~

I could barely feel my limbs, today had been one hell of a day what with trainings and practical lessons for each class. It's a miracle I made it back up here after dinner - no chance I'm missing out on food.

The fire danced figures before my eyes as my last piece of energy drained from my body.

"You should ask her to the Halloween Ball." Dan stated suddenly, tearing us both out of the reverie we'd fallen into.

"Who?" I asked pulling my eyes away from the fire and focused on his dim form.

"Anna Orme, I saw you at the lake with her and then when you carried her back to her common room." He shrugged and my eyes narrowed on him.

"Where were you Dan?" he shrugged and picked up the quaffle in front of him. "Dan who is she?"

"Lorna Lewis." He grinned cheekily, "I asked her out a while ago and she finally said yes so I went to her common room for a chat."

"Ahh!" I laughed jumping on him and punching him all over. "Dan and Lorna sitting in a tree."

"Fuck off Ollie!" he screamed grabbing my leg and throwing me upside down starting a fight in the middle of the common room.

"So anyway, ask her out." He stated pulling himself from the fight and sitting back down in an arm chair, as our burst of energy took its toll.

I frowned and went to say "you do it" but he was right, I should.

So what if I'm only seventeen, it's not like now I've found the perfect girl I need to marry her straight away. She'll understand, hell she'll probably help me on game plans when I'm stressed out.

Massage my shoulders after a game.

Oh yes, tomorrow morning, whenever it comes. I'll ask her to the ball thing.

Anna,

I can't bring myself to do it in person in case you say no, so here it goes . . .

I sat and stared at the parchment in front of me, flicking the quill against my chin as I thought of the perfect way to woo her.

Only to find I couldn't even do it in writing and that sentence was wrote over an hour ago when Dan and Adam disappeared to the kitchen for food leaving me in the library all alone. My neatest writing wasted.

"For fuck sakes." I sighed screwing the piece of paper up and throwing it away from me.

"Hey." Anna's voice said from the other side of the library, she had picked up the paper and was in the process of throwing it back. "What's up? You wrote like 2 lines."

"Nothing, just can't get my words right." I smiled back at her, her blonde hair was pulled away from her face and she looked more beautiful than usual.

"Need help?" she offered sliding into the seat. "I've been told I'm good at finding the right words."

"I dunno if you can, it's kinda personal." I mumbled, she looked at me strangely but smiled anyway.

"You wanna ask someone to the Halloween ball but are scared of her saying no?" she asked looking through her bag. I nodded and she pulled out a pen instead of a quill. "Easier to write with."

I watched as she wrote a small note in a soft swirling handwriting, she didn't say a word but her lips moved as she wrote. "Do you want her to know it's you?"

"Would you want to know?" I asked and she shrugged and pulled out another piece of parchment and wrote another letter. "This way you can decide what you want to send her."