8. A Deals a Deal

I kick my legs, as the pressure on my ears increases. I feel as if they're about to pop, I hold my breath for a long time, too long. To the point where I'm struggling to reach the surface again. My heart beat rapidly in a panic, for a moment I didn't think I would make it.

When I did, I was gasping for air, my lungs gulping giant breaths. I looked around me, to see that I was far away from the boat. Still unsure what to do about being topless, I threaded water for a while. As I say a purple haired figure nearing me, my heart began to beat faster again.

Finally next to me, Sinbad grins, he's slightly out of breath too from swimming so much.

"You didn't think I'd let you get out of it that easily did you?" he asks.

"No." I sigh, as my face turns slightly pink.

"Show me then, a deals a deal princess."

My face turns another shade darker, as I admit, "My top fell off earlier."

Sinbad bursts out laughing, and I dunk his head under the water angrily.

He comes back up glaring at me, then a mischievous grin comes upon his face, as he starts tickling me.

I laugh until my sides hurt, as I squirm wildly, all while trying to keep my head above the water and not swallow any salt water in the process. Mid tickling, I try and move to the side, as I feel a hand grip my breast.

I look up, my face the color of a tomato,  Sinbad's the same, as he quickly removes his hand.

"PERVERT!" I yell, hitting him on top of his head, and starting a swim back to the boat.

•••

I sit in my quarters drying my hair, as Sinbad pounds on the door pleading, "Believe me Princess it was an accident! I swear!"

Then I hear Sinbad since, and I hear Ja'far's voice, "You've done it this time, disgusting playboy."

"What happened?" I hear Rurumu ask through the door.

"Nothing!" both boys exclaim in unison.

Then I hear quiet murmuring before Sinbad cries out in pain, and Rurumu enters my room.

"Oh (Y/N) I'm so sorry, he really isn't like this, I don't know why he would..."

I nod slowly, as I lay down on my bed, my wet hair fanning out on the silky pillows, "He claims it was an accident, but it was embarrassing none the less."

"Feel free to stay in here for now, I'll talk to him, and bring you some tea." she smiles softly, before leaving.

I sit up in bed, tugging at my silky white nightgown. Rummaging through my nightstand, I retrieve my jeweled necklace and put it on, securing the clasp.

I hear yet another knock on the door. Assuming it's Rurumu, I chime, "Come in."

When the door opens, Sinbad is standing in the door frame, his head facing the ground, his purple hair still wet.

I furrow my eyebrows, before telling him, "Not now."

"Then when? We're leaving to go to the King now." he replies.

I sigh deeply before walking over to my pile of clothes and taking out the letter for my sister.

"Would you please find someone to take this to Tenrou? I'm afraid I won't be going with you into town." I say handing it to him.

"B-but there's going to be a party, and-"

"Sinbad." I groan, placing a hand on my forehead.

"As a representative of Sindria trading company, you should be there. Plus, you were interested in the dagger as well weren't you?"

I look up at him once he says that, and stare into his gold eyes, and toothy grin, knowing he's already roped me in.

"I'll be ready in ten minutes, let me change into something." I smile, my mood lifting.

Perhaps the whole thing was a misunderstanding. I could believe it.

•••

I find myself at another party yet again. It seems I can never get away from these events. I'm always being swept into them by Sinbad, who at the moment is surrounded by a group of local girls.

The band has just begun playing music, and they're all vying for him to have their first dance of the night.

Mystras comes next to me, and extends his hand in a formal way, "May I have this dance?" he asks with a slight bow.

"But of course." I laugh, setting down my glass of champagne.

We take to the floor, as we dance simply. It's a waltz of course, which has turned out to be a favorite of this country.

My dress flares out as Mystras spins me around. The dress I wear was given to me by the Queen of this land. It's blue, like the color of the flag here, and it matches with my necklace. Lace makes up the sleeves along with the top of the dress, which dips down revealing a nearly scandalous amount of cleavage. A keyhole is cut out of the back, and the bottom flares out like a usual ballgown, it's royal blue hue standing out against my (s/c) skin.

The song comes to a close, as Mystras walks me back to my table.

Then another man walks up, asking for a dance, this one is tall with messy short black hair, and piercing green eyes. He leads me on the floor for another waltz, and I discover he's an amazing dancer.

"You're the Princess of Tenrou correct? Princess (Y/N) was it?" he asks suddenly.

"Yes I am," I reply curtly before questioning, "Who are you?"

"I'm Prince Eren of Edindrae," he introduces himself, "And I have to say, I'm quite taken with you."

I cock one eyebrow, alarmed he would say something like this after only just meeting, "What do you mean by that?"

"Let me say it bluntly," he starts, "If I had to choose from all of the eligible Princesses, I'd choose you as my bride."