7. Racing

I lean off the side of the boat, staring at the rocky island on the horizon. Rurumu told me this was where we were headed..

The entire day I've been thinking about what Sinbad said, me staying with him. It may be naive, but I hope I will be, though in the end it's not my decision. My inevitable return to Tenrou to take the throne, will be decided by my mother.

Reaching into the pocket of my shirt, I pull out a crumpled letter, addressed to Aria. I had written it this morning.. I hope there's somewhere to deliver it, where we arrive. I open it one more time to read before sealing it.

"Dear Aria,

I know I haven't been writing lately, but I've been traveling all over with Sinbad. First he took me to Reim, but now we're headed to Erindrae. Aria I have to tell you about an odd experience I had in Reim. When I first arrived, Sinbad threw a party for me, well it wasn't his idea exactly, but we can ignore that. Anyways, there was dancing and eating, overall a great time. Then, I danced with Sinbad. Aria, it was as if the entire world fell away, and we were all alone with the music. In all the dances I've had, never has a single one felt like that. I don't know what to think about it, or how to feel. Rurumu, a merchant who works with Sinbad, told me that it's a connection you only have once in a lifetime.

I'm enjoying my travels, I hope you're doing well. I recently received word that you've got a suitor lined up already. It wasn't Mother's doing was it? I hope it's your decision.
Please write soon, Love,
(Y/N)."

I tuck the letter away, as we arrive on a shore covered in dark charcoal colored sand. Small shrubs with vibrant pink flowers dot the shore, standing out against their dark background.

I hear a splash, as I run towards the back of the boat to see what's happened. As I run, I hear two more splashes. My heart pumps faster in my chest, as I fear the worst.

Though, when I arrive at the rear of the boat, I see three familiar figures bobbing in the water, all looking cheery.

Ja'Far, Sinbad, and Mystras all swim in the water, which is dark because of the sand. Rurumu joins me at the back watching them dunk each others heads underwater.

"You should join them (Y/N)." she winks.

"I-Uh- Could I really?" I ask timidly.

Rurumu laughs heartily before reassuring me, "Of course you can, just-"

Before she can say any more, I'm tearing off my dress, leaving me standing just in a bra and underwear. I see her jaw drop, as I take a few steps back, then start running to the edge, and jumping over.

My feet hit the warm water, before I'm completely submersed. I breathe out of my nose, as bubbles tickle at my upper lip. When I resurface, my (h/l) (h/c) hair sticks to the back of my neck.

I grin for a moment, as the boys look at me in awe. Suddenly, I become aware of an odd sensation, my breasts were completely uncovered.

My face turns bright red, as I sink lower under the water so that my mouth is barely over the surface. I frantically look around for my bra, as Sinbad and the others start to swim over to me.

"STAY OVER THERE." I shout, embarrassed by the situation.

"What could you be hiding princess?" Sinbad chimes, raising one eyebrow.

"I-I'm not hiding anything, it's just not right to swim with all of you boys like this.." I ramble, hoping something will keep them away. I find myself grateful for the unclear water, which keeps me breasts hidden from wandering eyes.

"Sailors rules, the crew that sails together swims together." Sinbad laughs.

I cover my hands around my top as they get even closer, "R-Really.. I like swimming alone."

Ja'Far nods, "We really should respect her wishes Sin."

"I agree." Mystras concurs.

"Fine.. If you can beat me in a race you can swim alone, but if I win, you have to show everyone that cute 'bathing suit' of yours." he smirks.

"Fine." I smile uneasily.

We swim towards the hull of the boat, and when we get there Sinbad turns to me, "I'm not going to let you win (Y/N)." he says determined.

"You two will swim out to Mystras and then back to me." Ja'far announces.

I nod, looking at Mystras whose only 6 or so meters away. I glance at Sinbad once more before Ja'far shouts for us to begin.

I push off of the edge of the boat, and swim under the water, hiding my lack of a top.

I reach Mystras and start back, unaware of where Sinbad is, he must be swimming under the dark water too.

I kick my feet faster and faster, coming up to gasp for air before diving back under. My arms break the water at incredible speed, and I'm certain I've won once I reach the boats hull again.

"Good try." Sinbad laughs when I surface, "But I beat you by far."

I gasp, I was going as fast as I could, yet he still beat me.

"You did loose." Ja'far sighs, as Mystras swims back towards us.

"Now show me!" Sinbad says eagerly.

I furiously shake my head, before diving far underneath the water.