Chapter 56

{Tim POV}

I looked behind me to see Nyssa entering the cave.

'So this is the peasant who tried to eliminate my niece.' she said and started rolling up her sleeves as she approached her. Sarah was speechless and shaking more by every step Nyssa took.

'Do you know what I'm going to do to you?' she said grinning together with Damian and I took a quick glance at Bruce seeing him think. She grabbed her knife out of her pocket and held it to her throat.

'I'm sorry.' was the only thing Sarah could say, which made Nyssa only grin more.

'Cute.' she said and was about to cut her throat if Batman didn't threw the bat-a-rang at the knife. The pocketknife fell out of her hand onto the ground and we all looked at Bruce, we couldn't expect nothing from the man with the no-killing rule.

'She will be sent back to her own world, Superman is going to pick her up.' he said and walked towards the computer.

'Even better.' another voice spoke out and we all took our nearest weapon out of reflex.

'Better show yourself before I start shooting people.' Jason and Flash appeared.

'I came to pick up the-,' he said before he looked at the screen and stopped out of shock, 'she's alive?' We all nodded and he quickly tied Sarah up.

'Don't inform the League just yet.' Bruce said and he nodded.

'Just bring her back safely.' Flash said with Sarah on his shoulder before he raced away. I started gearing up just like everybody else and we all looked at Nyssa who had Bruce put up the map of the temple.

'Is there anything you can't do?' she said and he didn't answer.

'Okay better listen good.' she said and the room went silent.

{Emily POV}

'INTRUDER!' one of the assassins yelled and I quickly took out my sword, I jumped off the balcony and ran towards the intruder.

'What seems the problem?' I asked and his mask was taken off, it was a blond haired American. I chuckled and held my sword to his throat, 'And you thought you could fool us.' He didn't even bat an eye and stayed silent.

'Kill him.' mother said from the balcony and I sighed.

'Take him to the dungeons, I will decide later what to do with him.' I said and turned back to the balcony to walk back but stopped when I heard a gun shot. My eyes flew open and I quickly turned back to the intruder, he was shot straight in the head. I glanced to mother and saw her with a gun.

'Your compassion is a weakness your enemies won't share.' she said and I rolled my eyes when she turned around and walked back in. I still can't believe she was my mother, we were nothing alike. She also told me I looked a lot like my father a while ago. I sighed and looked at my League training, that dream still haunted me.

'Why can't I shake it off?!' I said and felt grandfathers hand on me, I knew it was him because he was the only one who laid his hand on my right shoulder.

'We need to talk.' he said and told me to follow him afterwards, we arrived at his office and while he sat down at his desk I sat down on the sofa.

'You have been acting very weird today.' he told me and I sighed.

'I had a bad nightmare.' I said and looked at my lap.

'Tell me about it.' he answered and I clenched my fists a little bit.

'I killed someone.' I lied and a little grin grew on his face which he failed to hide just yet.

'Then why didn't you kill the intruder?' he asked and I sighed.