TRUE FEELINGS

TRUE FEELINGS

"Olivia," I looked up and swallowed. My mouth felt dry. I parted my lips but no sound came out. My hands felt clammy at my sides and my palms were sweaty. I tugged at the hem of my sweater and focused on my shoes.

"Hey," He put a hand under my chin and tilted it up. "Look at me," His dark brown eyes were warm and trusting holding me captive in his gaze. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and bit my lip. The tears threatened to fall and I clenched my fists at my side willing myself to not cry. I spun around and started to walk away. I can't believe him.

He grasped my arm and tugged me back to face him. "Come on, you can tell me what's wrong." He placed both warm hands on my shoulders and forced me to look in his eyes. My lip trembled and I let out a heartbreaking sob. "You won't forgive me if I tell you." I cried.

He pulled me for a hug but I shook my head and wiped at my tears. "It can't be that bad Olivia. I'll forgive you for anything."

I used my sleeve to wipe my runny nose. I looked up into his confused eyes and tried to stop my blubbering to tell him.

"I saw you with her."

He blinked confused. "Olivia baby, whoever you think it is I swear I'm not cheating on you-"

"No!" I cut in. "I followed you after you left my house, you-you were so distant all week and I wanted to make sure you were okay and you left to the grocery first and I figured that it was normal and I felt so guilty so I headed for home but-t then you started to come my direction and I followed you to the hospital! I saw you with her!"

He stumbled back. His face had turned a deathly white. "You what?" He whispered.

I hiccuped and took a shaky breath. "I'm so so sorry,"

His jaw clenched and before I knew it he slammed a fist into the wall. The wall crumbled upon the force of the impact and I flinched. He growled in pain and pulled back his injured, bleeding fist. His swallowed as he looked up deathly calm. "I can't believe you," He said.

I backed up and slammed into the wall. "I-I really- I you.." I stuttered.

"You what huh?" He advanced on her, eyes furious. "You followed me? You spied on me? You completely lost my trust?"

I started crying again. "I really didn't mean to!" I sobbed. "I was just worried about you. You never tell me about your family and I wanted to know!"

He turned around and began walking away. I followed him and grabbed at him. "Please-e forgive me, if I had known your mum was in the .. I wouldn't have."

He stared at me coldly and harshly ripped his arm away from her. "What? Wouldn't have followed me to the hospital and seen my mom attached to wires and in a coma? Well now you know congrats!" With a withering glare he stormed away to the parking lot. He grabbed the door and slammed it. Without hesitation he raced off into the night leaving a trail of gas.

His engine vroomed down the road as I sat on the ground feeling more miserable than ever. What have I done?