SUFFOCATING

SUFFOCATING

I'm trapped under a thick glacier and I can't breathe. There's a heavy weight on my chest dragging me deeper and deeper. I open my mouth and air bubbles escape to the surface. The water pulls my clothes down and I feel numbness creeping into my bones chilling me to the place. As hard as I push against the ice on top of me it won't budge.

I scream and wonder if anyone hear me. Was this just a hopeless attempt? Was my cry just going to disappear into the howling wind?

There's a raging burn in my chest as I struggle to breathe. The weight of the glacier is the result of all their whispers and stares. All the bullying led to a pile of negativity that became unbearable. The comments haunted me everywhere.

I try to see through the blurry haze but all I can see was society's judgment. Their words wrapped around my waist like tape measures and tightened until I could hardly breathe. I sucked in my stomach when I walked by the popular kids. Their was countless amount of lying and hurried trips to the bathroom only to just let out what I have just eaten. The doctors call me bulimic, I call myself beautiful. 

I close my eyes and all I can see is the same routine every single day repeating itself. Excusing myself to the washroom and then letting out all my regrets.

The bitter cold is the first thing I've felt in a while.

I scream one more time and years and years of pent up frustration forces it's way out of me. My throat burns as I roar with anger. The water consumes me, numbing my body, chilling my bones- I sink.

It's dark down there but at least now I can breathe.