BITTER

BITTER

"No! Dad no! Stay with me p-please!" I cried as I felt his grip slip. Alarms began beeping crazily as his eyes began to flutter close.

"Camelia..Just know," He rasped as he struggled to breathe. Somewhere in the backround I heard a door open and shouting. "I love-e...you."

His grip slackened as his eyes closed forever. I felt a sudden heavy weight on my chest as I gasped for breath. Tears began to stream down my face as I hung on to his hand for my life.

"Dad no," I sobbed, helplessly as I clawed for his hand.

"Tell me your alive! Tell me!" I screamed hoarsely. I stared at his relaxed face and realized this would be the last time I would see his face in person. The thought just made me cry harder.

"You don't understand! I need you!" My breaths became short and ragged as I panicked. What was I going to do? My dad was everything to me, I couldn't live without him.

"God please," I choked out. "If you love me save him, please!" I looked up toward the white hospital ceiling and wondered why wasn't god helping him. I knew I wasn't Christian but he helped those in need right?

I stood up and wiped my eyes with my sleeve. I opened the door and yelled. "Doctor!" I cried out. "Where's a doctor ?" But the nurses just glanced at me warily making no intention of helping me. I knew why, they had already told me he was going to die this week. There was no hope for him, he was too sick.

I felt like screaming. Why wasn't anyone helping me?

"Please," I said as I grabbed a nurse's hand. "Help me my dad he's dead but-t you can revive him!" I struggled to breathe properly.

The lady shook her head sadly. "I'm sorry you can't cure him. His death was already expected. I'm sorry honey,"

I ran back in the room shoving carts and people out of my way. I ignored the cries of alarm and ran back  to see my father. He was deathly pale, someone had already put a white blanket over his body allowing only his head to be visible.

A note was on the table, I picked it up and read it. In messy writing it read, You have two hours to be with him.

I ripped it up angrily. Who were they to tell me the time limit I had with him? This was the last time I would be seeing him I should have as long as I want! I knocked over a glass vase and laughed cruelly as it exploded into tiny shards. The red flower fluttered gracefully to the ground serenely.

I walked forward to the bed making sure to crush the petals as I went by. I knelt down and bowed my head. I lifted the sheets and unhooked his necklace. He said that it protected whoever wore it and that if he died he would want me to have it.

I lowered it onto my head and stifled my sobs. "Dad, It's Ria here." The tears came again, but unlike the last it was slowly like trickling water of a stream. "I hope you have fun up there in heaven with mom, can you tell her I said hi? I want you to know you've been the best dad ever and I love-e.. you so so much." At the end my voice cracked and I just broke down there.

I sobbed helplessly as I clutched his necklace. I felt like a part of him was in there. I don't know how long I was sitting there. I hugged my knees to my chest and pressed my aching eyes into my hoodie.

After a while when I had dozed off clutching his necklace, I could feel gentle hands trying to pry me away, "Darling he's gone to a better place," The voice assured me. I looked up and saw a young nurse trying to pull me to another room.

"No!" I began to fight against her as she ushered me out of the room.

"Grab it, I'll hold her down." The nurse commanded softly to another older nurse.

I screamed as someone covered my eyes with their hands. Suddenly, I felt a tiny prick at my wrists and a stinging sensation. I gasped in pain and sucked in a breath. Someone stroked my back and whispered soothingly," Just relax."

Very slowly I began to feel tired and I stopped struggling. My knees began to get weak to so I started to sway. My eyes drooped then I had succumbed to the darkness.