Chapter 4

Annabeth POV

As I am walking I get out my schedule I take it out and it reads:

Annabeth Chase Schedule

Per. 1 Ms. Dyce- Science
Per. 2 Mr. Blofis- English
Per. 3 Mrs. Arirow- P.E.
Per. 4 Mrs. Parii- History
Per. 5 Mrs. Arday- Math
Per. 6 Mr. Zebari- Drama
Per. 7 Mrs. Sebi- Leadership

I reach my school campus and walk up the steps to the front doors.

The bell has rung already so I am walking to Ms. Dyce's class. More like running because I don't want to be late on the first day of school. Who does? Glad I didn't see Luke on the way to my class. I walk into class and everybody turns around to see me walking in. "Ahh, Annabeth," Ms. Dyce says as the bell rings, " just in time for class. Have a seat next to Perseus Jackson." There is only one seat left. It was a seat next to Percy.

"It's Percy" Percy said as he rolls his eyes. I walk over to the empty seat next to Percy and sit down.

I didn't want us to sit in silence so I was the first to speak up in our group of three. "Hey guys."

"Hey Annabeth." Jason says on the other side of Percy. Percy does a small little wave and gives me a smirk. God's those sea green eyes. Whatever, I came here for a grade, not for another dreamy boy, with handsome sea green eyes and raven black hair.. Shit Annabeth! Calm the fuck down. Just chill. He's cute, more like fucking handsome but chill, chill the fuck out.

As Ms. Dyce is giving out the expectations for the year I turn to glance at Percy and to see that he was already admiring me. His face turns bright red and I blush. I try and hide it but he sees me and just smiles.

We dont talk for the rest of class but we always end up glancing at each other and catching each others eyes. At one point Ms. Dyce spoke up. "Can you two stop for once? It is class time not time to admire your boyfriends and girlfriends." She stares right at us and everyone turns around to look at who she was staring at as they realize it was Percy and I. They start whispering and I some how caught one of them, "Lets see how Luke feels about this," they just smile their evil smile and giggle as they continue to whisper. Class is over and I grab my stuff and walk out. I am stopped by a hand on my shoulder. "Hey Annabeth?"

"Yeah?" I then realize it is Percy. I smile.

"What is your next period?"

"Mr. Blofis English. You?"

"I have the same thing actually. Want to walk there together?" I think for a minute. What if Luke sees me? Will he think there is something going on between us? Or will he think we are just friends like we have been? Hopefully the girls don't catch up to Luke and tell him right away. I don't want Luke to hear the news, and then see me walking with Percy. Yes, I don't have feelings for Luke, but I do for Percy. If Luke does find out, he will just tell me pure bullshit and start drama. I get cut off by a voice.

"Annabeth?" Crap. I responded quickly as I realize he had been waiting there.

"Yeah, lets go. We don't want to be late." He smiles as we walk towards our English class with Mr. Blofis.

We walk for about a minute and Percy finally speaks up. "That was.. umm pretty awkward in class wasn't it?"

I nearly glare at him, but try and hide it. Of course he had already seen because he was staring right at me. He smirks. I slap his arm.

"Percy it's not funny. If he finds out he will break up with me...," his smile disappeared. "He will break up with me." I whisper. "This is perfect! No Percy it wasn't too awkward it actually saved my life!"

He looked at me like I had two heads. "And why is that?"

"I will explain to you later. Right now we need to get to class."

"Okay." And with that we went to Mr. Blofis' s classroom in almost awkward silence. This might actually not turn out to be a bad day after all. Or it might I don't know.