Chapter 4: Get Together

"What are you planning to do now?" as Aasha was trying to console her via phone call.

"I don't know. After I became fortunate on that text raffle draw, the fixture of our house was on top of my list. And the biggest plan was the LimeLite. Unfortunately though, it didn't turn out well."

"You must be really feeling down Kel but everything happen for a reason. Franchising LimeLite is not for you."

"I guess so. Time to say bye-bye to LimeLite." she displayed a moue as if her friend could see it, she's trying hard to sound fine.

"Hey, hey. Why don't you just start your own business? Omit the idea of going under one company's name. I believe you have the ability."

She sighed audibly. "There will be a lot of process. Intensive planning, research... a lot."

"Then I'm going to ask you again, what are you going to do now? Don't just sulk in one corner of your room over that matter."

I've been there and I don't think I'd like to deal with depression again. Not now.

"Hello? Are you still there Kel?"

"Ugh, no. I mean yes, I'm still here. I have something in mind at the moment but I'm not quite sure if I really want it. I'm going to try and see."

"Then that's great! But what is it?" she sounded so eager to know.

"Uhm, what do you think if uhm... I study again? Study Baking and Pastry Arts?"

"Woah! I don't think it's not a good idea. That's a great plan to begin with! You gotta carry out that plan, gurl! I'm gonna support you all the way!"

She giggled. "I hope you won't change. I'm grateful having you."

"C'mon! Why saying such thing now?"

"Nada. By the way, since I haven't spent the big sum yet. I'm thinking of treating you guys for a vacation. When will you be available?"

She went silent for a while, "Are you sure about that? You know I won't say no." then chuckled.

"Yes, I'm serious."

"Shall it be outside the country?" she joked.

"Just out of the town, silly."

"Hey, I'm just kidding!" she laughed. "But would it be much way better if it's in the lottery you have won?"

"I know right? That's why don't be too demanding." she spat. "Anyway, do you think the rest of the girls would go?" Kelisse retaliated.

"Of course! I'm pretty sure they will find time for that."

......

"Let's celebrate!" Ricky rejoiced when he got the news.

"Seems like a huge weight has already been taken off your chest, Rick. You can sleep soundly again." Brett bantered.

"Of course!" he looked a bit irritated but later on he remembered that afternoon would be Ames' return flight. "If ever Ames calls you when he's already here, tell him to head to the bar later tonight."

"You wouldn't allow him to at least have a rest?" Brett unbelievingly replied.

"I don't think he's tired. All he did there was to stroll around, didn't he?"