Chapter 1: Taking the Plunge

So I must go on with the plan on buying a franchise that is based in Shanghai. Kelisse heaved a sigh as she's contemplating. "Hope I could do this." she whispered, closing her eyes in frustration. She was doing a research about LimeLite which she discovered almost a year ago when she went out to meet her friends in a kpop event that is happening every year. Before they went their separate ways that day, they decided to try the said cafe and they instantly like the desserts and drinks that they had picked individually. Since then, she became a frequent customer especially when she likes going out.

She has guts to take the plunge in this kind of business because she had won a fair amount of cash in a nationwide raffle, the one that needs to text a combination and that would serve as an entry, to buy a certain franchise. She just actually tried half-heartedly but thinking why not join for it only cost a couple of peso and a cent. Her parents could not believe but of course they were greatly delighted by the news. Who wouldn't be? She got their blessing on whatever she wants to do with the prize except for doing drugs and anything illegal. Ha!

......

"Ash, I already have a plan, only the execution is missing to make this happen. Now, I'm going to ask you again, is it final that you're refusing to be my partner for this project? There's nothing to lose on your side." as she tries to convince her friend again for the eighth time. It was weekend and Aasha paid her a visit. They were seated on the floor with their backs on the side of her bed.

"Gurl, there's no room for me to organize and manage a certain business. Or it's not the time for me yet. Being an entrepreneur is not for me, I know it. It isn't my forte." she reasoned with hands swaying exaggeratedly in the air.

"But everybody wants to have one." Kelisse argued.

Aasha puckered her lips. "Kel..."

She cut her off, not letting to hear another speech. "Fine. I have no choice but to do this all by myself..." she concluded somberly.

"Kelisse, if that's what you really want, go for it. Believe me, I'm really happy that you want me to be a part of it and I'm not turning you down. It's just that I won't be a help to you. Please don't get me wrong, hmm? I know you're disappointed with me but all I can assure you is that I'm just right here and will be here for you to support you on that undertaking and everything." she explained.

"Yeah, I'm not denying how disappointed I am to you but then I do understand. I have to. Anyhow, thanks to you, gurl." she briefly pressed her lips into a hard line. "I wished you could at least accompany me in Shanghai but I know you cannot just leave your studies like that especially right now. This coming week is your finals."

"You can do it." Aasha squeezed her hand.

"You think so I can make it alone?" she doubted.

"C'mon gurl! Here you go again. Of course you can! Have faith in yourself!" she pulled her hair playfully.

"Hey! That hurts!" she flinched but she managed to give her a tight smile. "Well, we'll see, I'll try."

"Don't say try, do your best Kelisse." she squeezed her hand once again to hearten her.

......

"Calling the attention of the passengers heading to Shanghai, please proceed to gate number 7. In a few moments we will be calling all passengers with priority boarding. Please have your boarding card ready for inspection."

That announcement made Kelisse to scurry. "I have to hurry up! Thanks for dropping me here. Pray for me and good luck with your finals, gurl. Be well for four days, all right? Convey to the girls too." she then motioned to peck her mom and dad on their cheeks.