Sherlock

Sherlock Holmes has been a sensation since the late 19th century, when Sir Arthur Conan Dyle wrote a series of stories about a detectivr and his assistant. Since then, Sherlock Holmes and John Watson have been played by innumberable actors (and some actresses too!).

And that's what I'm gonna be writing about. Not Sherlock Holmes in general, but the TV Show 'Sherlock'.

BBC started the show in 2010, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch in the lead role and Martin Freeman as his assisstant. But there is one twist- it's set in 21st century London, with iPhones, iPads and laptops.

I joined the fandom after I saw a few gifs on Tumblr and got curious. I then watched a few episodes and instantly fell in love.

Steven Moffat (writer of Doctor Who) co-writes it with Mark Gatiss (who plays Sherlock's brother, Mycroft, in the show). The show also has an excellent cast- Andrew Scott as the notorious Jim Moriarty, Rupert Graves as Scotland Yard Inspector Lestrade, Una Stubbs as the loving Mrs. Hudson and Amanda Abbington as Mary Morstan. Of course, there are some new characters- Molly Hooper, enacted by Louise Beadley, Sally Donovan, portrayed by Vinette Robinson and fanboy Phillip Anderson, played by Jonathan Aris.

The series is incredible, but it has only 3 seasons. I will be posting links to each episode in the external link. This month, we have the very first episode, 'A Study in Pink', a twist on the original Sherlock story, 'A Study in Scarlet.'

Until next month,

LoveLokiLuckLife