Harry Potter

To me, Harry Potter's much more than watching the movies, or reading the books, or buying the latest merch from your nearest store. No, to me, Harry Potter's about being part of something. About going off on adventures to find something you've never expected.

I picked up my first Harry Potter book when I was in grade four. It was DEAR time (Drop Everything And Read, for those of you who don't know) and it was mandatory for us to read a book. Of course, that was the one day I had not brought a book from home. I went to the class' library, of sorts, and grabbed the first book I could find. 

Sadly class finished after I had finished the third chapter and was upset at the fact that I'd have to wait till the next day to continue. I mentioned this during dinner with my family and as soon as he was done his food, my dad dug out his battered copy of Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone along with the next three books.

That was the day I fell in love.

Since then, I've been given four books (several of them were copies) and bought the final one. I spent the entire Christmas break watching movies 1-5, and waited impatiently for the next four. As an end of the year present, my French teacher gave me a copy of the Tales of Beedle the Bard (a HP novella) that hshe had originally bought for herself but then gave to me when she saw my excitement when she said that we'd be watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 in class. 

As of today, I've written a trilogy (which I am now revising) about Dumbledore's adopted daughter's adventures at Hogwarts, framed my favourite quote on the wall of my bedroom (which happens to be "We never left." said by Harry's mum, Lily), talked with my family about getting it tattooed on my wrist in memory of my own mother, joined Pottermore and fangirled to my heart's content.

With much love from the Potterheads of the world, myself and my fans,

~SadPinkCupcake