The Hunger Games

How did I first become a Hunger Games fangirl?

I first heard about the Hunger Games from a friend of mine. She had read it, and was urging me to do the same, so, I obliged. I thought I might as well do it properly, so I went out and bought the trilogy, and began to read.

At this point in my life, I hadn't really discovered the world of fandoms yet, so really, I was just into it because of the amazing storyline and writing. The Hunger Games, to me was one of those books that you pick up and just can't put down. I just loved the action, the writing style, the suspense, the romance, but most of all, I loved how Suzanne Collins created a world that almost mirrors our own, in a sort of distorted, funhouse-style way. It both amazed me and scared me.

Suzanne Collins' take on issues such as poverty, sacrifice and survival was something I hadn't really seen before, and her idea of a world where kids are forced to fight to the death for entertainment was original at a first glance, but if you look deeply at it, it's not that far-fetched at all.

 But anyway, as an absolute bookworm, I knew just how hard to come by these books are, and so it lingered in my head long after the final words. When the movie came out, I thought it was pretty good, and then Catching Fire came along. I think they did an amazing job on it. Comment your opinions below!

So that's all from me,

goodbye for now, my fellow tributes!

~Clone_of_Artemis