Chapter 1

Percy POV

I wake up to my annoying alarm. I turn to my side and see that my phone is lit up for the sake of my alarm. I pick up my phone as I am nearly blinded by the brightness as I turn off the alarm. I groan. Why did it have to be today?

Today was my first day of Senior year, and I knew that it would be the worst. My mom then opened up my door. "Percy, get up okay? I know you don't want to but you have to I'm sorry. But hey, it's your Senior year! The last year in high school and it will be the best." She smiles at that. I smile back.

"Thanks mom." I say but still feel completely dead inside of the fact that I still have to go to school. She leaves my door open as she leaves my room to get ready for work. Oh my god. Why did I have to remember this? Seeing Drew again! Ugh! Drew is annoying and can't ever keep her eyes off of me. She is what they call an asshole. In my opinion, she is the worst person I have ever met and is a slut. I get the chills of the fact that she kissed me last summer when I least expected it. My mom was even there with my step-dad Mr. Blofis. They watched the whole thing and now I can't even stand being with her. At that I pretend to be sick. I pray this works.

"Mom!" I yell so she can hear me from her room.

"Yes Percy?"

"I don't feel too good. I'm getting a big headache and my stomach hurts." I hear footsteps coming down the hall and I try and make a sick expression on my face, hoping my expression pulls it off, she walks into my room with her arms crossed and her head tilted.

"You sure Percy?" She comes and sits on my bed and feels my head for any warmth. "Oh yes Percy you are. I'm going to go get a glass of water for you, be right back."

Yes it worked! Finally after all these three years I somehow pulled it off. I hear my mom coming back upstairs and put back my sick expression. She comes into my room and, oh no. I see medicine. No! They aren't pills either, it is the kind of medicine you drink, god I hate those. They taste like, eww I can't even explain it.

"Uhhh, mom I don't think I need medicine, I th-think it's starting to calm down now so uhh, yeah. Haha. Yup Percy is all better now!" I force myself a small smile.

"That's what you get for lying to your mother. You are going to school. Now get ready for me now will you? You have about 30 minutes, so get ready quickly!" She kisses me on the forehead and leaves me to get myself ready. Holy crap! I have 30 minutes! Damn it, I didn't even wake myself early enough to shower. Great.

I brush my teeth and wash my face off with water. I do my hair. Wow actually looks pretty decent today. I then plan out what I want to wear. I pull out a fresh new pair of clean boxers so I'm not too dirty. Put those on. I then pull out black skinny jeans and slide them on. I pull out a black Adidas shirt with white lettering and put on black and white converse. Looks like I'm mostly wearing black today but oh well.

I walk down the stairs to get a banana or a light breakfast to eat. I see my step-dad is already ready to go but he of course leaves 20 minutes earlier then me. I just then realized I got ready in 10 minutes. Was I excited to go to school today? No. Was I maybe rushing myself too fast? Probably.

I peel a banana and look onto my Instagram feed. My step-dad wished me a good luck to school and drove off to Goode. It's kind of weird having my step-dad working at my school. Obviously nobody knew, I liked having it that way because that would get me a lot of weird looks at school and probably some mean rumors about him.

I finish up eating my banana and run upstairs to get my car keys and my backpack. My mom already left so I walk outside and lock the door. I unlock my car, get in, put my stuff down and start the car. I know I will regret this day. Something bad will happen and I won't want to show my face to the school. Oh well here goes nothing. I reverse my car from my parking space and drive off to the wonders of Goode.