six.

It has been a week since the drama although nothing has gotten better. Everything has just gone back to the way it was before that day Luke and I talked about Michael. Luke hasn't smiled since the ice cream shop and he is constantly in and out of that damn old recording room. As for me, I've been trying to get on with my normal daily routine which is pretty much trying to hide my powers from the outside world.

My vision goes fuzzy as I fixate my attention from blurry nothing to my messy room. I really have to stop zoning out as often as I do; it can't be good for me.

I stand up from the edge of my bed and take a long look around my dull room. I let out a loud sigh, it could really do with a good freshening up.

I quickly snap out of the thought of tidying my room and head to the door. I am definitely not in the mood for cleaning.

I wander into the kitchen and take the freshest looking apple out of the fruit bowl.
I stick it in my mouth and bite down just hard enough that my teeth are keeping it place so it won't fall.

I am about to walk back to my room when I hear a loud knock at the door. I choose to ignore it as I think it is just my mind playing tricks on me since it is rather odd to have any visitors these days.

Last time I checked everyone had forgotten that there were actually people living here and it wasn't just a creepy vacant house.

I hold onto the apple with one hand and take a bite through the spot in the fruit where my teeth were holding onto it just seconds ago.

There is another knock at the door and this time it is louder and more urgent sounding. I realise I'm not hearing things so I hurry along and open the door, only to be pushed aside and not to mention left feeling completely confused and shocked.

"Thank god you still live here," the red haired person or should I say Michael remarks.

I am puzzled, why is he here? "Michael what are you doing here?" I question.

He completely ignores me and hurries to the hallway that leads to the bedrooms.
I follow him and try again, "Mike, It's good to see you, but why are you here?" Again there is no reply.

I stop behind Michael who stops in front of what used to be his bedroom. He sucks in a sharp breath as he opens the door and hurries inside, not even bothering to switch on the light. He starts to rummage through some old boxes that have a few of his belongs in them as if he really has to be somewhere else in a matter of minutes.

"It's got to be here somewhere," Michael mutters. His tone is somewhat frustrated with a slight hint of angst. What is he so in need of finding?

"Mike?" I ask again, "what are you looking for?"

"I can't tell you," Michael says, not once stopping to look up at me.
"But I can tell you that if you and don't get out of here now then you're worse than dead."

"Why can't you just tell me what's going on?" I am getting rather impatient now.

"Look I just can't, okay?" Michael says, throwing his hands down and staring up at me in a flustered manner.

"But what if I can help you?"

Michael went back to searching for what ever it was he is looking for. I am honestly getting sick of the boy's secrecy.

I turn on the light by flicking the switch and stare down hard at the red mop-head. "Look Michael I haven't seen you in so long besides that day in the park, and all you can do is give me the silent treatment? I'm sorry but that can't work for me. I miss you!"

Suddenly a loud banging sounds from the front door. It makes Michael prick his head up and stare at the bedroom door with a look of shock horror smeared across his rough face.

"Fuck" Michael gulps.

My hard stare is replaced with a confused one, "are you being followed?"

"Ashton trust me, you have to go!"

"Just tell me what's going on!"

"Shut up, they'll hear you," Michael warns, lowing his voice.

There is another round of loud banging at the front door.

"Michael, are you being followed?" I asks again, this time more worried.

Michael opens his mouth but quickly shuts it before anything comes out.

"You are!" My words come out louder than I meant for them to.

Michael panics and hurriedly searches again for what he was looking for. I haven't seen this side of Michael in so long.

All of a sudden his facial expression un-tenses a little. He must have found what he is looking for. Before I can get a glimpse of what it was Michael is already standing up making sure what ever it is, is now secure in the front right pocket of his torn jeans.

Our attentions snap back to the front door as we hear it open.

Michael looks at me with horror written all over his face.
"Does Luke still live here?" he asks.

I nod, "yes he does."

"Then he's just made a really bad mistake by opening that door."

I am beyond confused, I don't even know how to feel or think. There is clearly someone dangerous in the house and Luke has let them in, blind to the fact.

"We have to leave," Michael instructs. He clutches onto my wrist, but I flinch away.

"No we are going to go get Luke," I frown.

"You go out there and you're practically dead," Michael warns.

"Well if we don't go out there, then Luke's practically dead," I argue.

"Ashton, I'm not going to warn you again," Michael speaks through gritted teeth.

"Actually how am I supposed to trust you? Last time I checked you were in a gang."

"Remind me again who saved you?"

Before I can throw another come-back I hear something I wish I hadn't have. Luke screaming.

Michael and I were so busy arguing that we hadn't heard a word of what was going on on the other side of the house.

"Tell me where he is!" a gruff sounding man yells.

"I don't know, I swear!" Luke whimpers before letting out a cry of pain.

"You don't tell me and I'll make you wish you didn't lie to me!" the man yells again.

This time there is no reply from Luke.
That is it. I don't know about Michael but I am going to help Luke no matter the cost, even if it means using what I have been trying so hard to hide for so long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N~

What? I haven't updated in so long!

Well here's my next update.
Let me know what you think.

If there's mistakes it's because I'm too tired to edit it so sorry about that.

It's 2:10am here in Australia and I have school tomorrow so I had to stop it there otherwise I would have made this chapter longer.

Thank you so much for being patient with me though. I've been so slack and I'm trying to pass year 12 so it's been school before most things.

I hope it doesn't take me ages till the next update!

Love you lots!!

Michelle Xx