three.

"Guess who I saw today,"I ask as I cut up some onions.

Luke looks over to me but doesn't reply.

I sigh and continue anyway. "I saw Michael," I smile.

Luke's eyes go wide and his mouth parts slightly, "you what?"

"I saw Michael," I repeat, "he has been working out and has bright red hair though." I avoided telling him that Michael was now also in a gang and that I was almost killed today because that would just make things bad again.

The first smile I have seen in ages creeps onto Luke's lips. It isn't a large one, but more of a thin curve. Never the less, it lightens my mood completely.

Luke placed his hands on the kitchen bench and leaned forward in interest, "how was he?" he asks.

I hesitate and put the knife down. How was he? I don't know how to answer that. Michael never told me how he was.

"He was- er, alright." it sound more like a question than a statement.

"Oh that's good," Luke grins. It was so satisfying to see my best friend happy since I never see him smile anymore.

"Do you need help with the dinner?" Luke add.

I pick up the knife I was using and continue copping the onions. "That'd be good," I smile.

Luke takes a red capsicum in one hand and a knife in the other, but stands there as if he doesn't know how to use it.

I roll my eyes and take the knife from his hand, "you really haven't cooked in a long time have you?" I laugh.

Luke shrugs.

"First get a chopping board," I instruct.

Luke does as I say and places it on the bench in front of us.

"Now, cut the capsicum like this." I slide the knife into the vegetable multiple times before handing the knife back to my friend. "Now you try," I smile.

Luke takes the sharp object in his right hand and starts doing as I showed him. I nod approvingly and go back to my own duties.

Once the pasta is finished cooking, the two of us go into the lounge room to eat.
The atmosphere around us is a little awkward though. We never eat in the lounge room, let alone together.

"Actually, I think I'll go eat this in my room," Luke announces.

I give him a confused look, "why?" I ask.

"Because this is too awkward." Luke bites his lip and frowns.

"Oh come on Luke, just try being in someone else's company for once and not your own!" I don't intend on snapping, but obviously Luke takes it too far.

His face has hurt written all over it and what was worse is he looks mad.

"Please calm down," I try.

Unexpectedly Luke stands up, causing his dinner to go flying across the room by his telekinesis - and that's something I haven't seen in ages.

"Shit Ashton! All you talk about is me getting better, but what if I can't?" He yells, "what if I'm permanently unhappy? Then what? Nothing! I'm hurting Ashton, and I'm far too in to even try to come out!"

And then it hits me like a tone of bricks, why hadn't I seen it earlier? Luke is depressed and I couldn't even see it!

"I'm sorry," I whimper.

"No, I'm sorry," Luke sighs. Letting his face fall, he walks out the lounge room, to his room.

But if I had have noticed earlier, I could have done something. Oh god, here come the tears for the ten millionth time today.

I decide to leave the pasta mess for the time being and clean it up the next day.

I stand up and take my un-eaten dinner into the kitchen. I leave it unwrapped on the bench and go upstairs to my bedroom.

This day has been so different to every other; it is all a little strange to me, to be honest.

I slowly change into my pyjamas before climbing into bed. All I want to do is go to sleep and wake up from this nightmare.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N~

Hi everyone!! :)

Sorry that this chapter is short.

Other from that what'd you think? feedback would be lovely :)

Michelle x