Captured (1)

CHAPTER 1

“Ah…”

Rose paused as a pair of feet came into view. She looked up and stared at the boy in front of her. Her eyes widened as she recognized him.

Evan Morris.

He’s exotic, she thought. Dark wavy brown hair and pale green eyes, his face was babyish and fair. He was shorter than her, might be around her ear, she wondered. He was staring…at something behind her probably. She turned around to look behind her but no one was there in the corridor. Well it was after school and the students weren’t in the school anyway but what was Evan doing here?

“Rose…”

She whipped her head to him fast. “Are you talking to me?” she asked astonished, clutching her files tightly. Well, yeah, it wasn’t everyday the school’s cutest boy came up to talk to her.

“Yep.” His cherry-red lips popped when he said the ‘p’ sound.

Whoa. This was the first time she was seeing him up this close and it was enthralling.

She stared as he looked at her with his pale green eyes, almost hypnotizing her at that second. He had a light blush on his cheeks and she found herself wanting to pinch his cheeks. He was an angel. Damn, he was too cute!

“I…I have a request,” he said, looking down, his long lashes veiling his eyes. Broken from the spell, she cleared her throat.

“What might that be?” she asked. She wondered whether the boys were troubling him again. As the class representative, she knew what the problems were in class. And yes, this boy was in her class. Evan Morris was too beautiful for his own good that he was hounded by students everywhere he went. He was popular, sweet, kind, and above all, cute. Girls fade away from the background when he was around. They say that this boy can change straight men with a glance of his mysterious eyes.

And he wanted her help. She smiled at him encouragingly though she kept her distance. Of everyone in this school, Rose had been the only one to not to fawn over him. She, as class representative should keep her head otherwise how was she supposed to be responsible if she couldn’t control herself around a boy? Therefore, she had never been a fan of Evan Morris.

“I…er…you know…” he started, his eyes still on the ground. His skin was almost translucent, she thought wildly as he searched for words. He ran a hand through his hair and bit his lip nervously.

She glanced at the ceiling, trying to breathe calmly. Oh the cuteness! Such a guy really exists, she thought wonderingly.

“Will you…I mean, I have always wanted to—to become your friend…”

“Huh?”

“Will you become my friend?” he asked in a rush.

“What?” She almost gaped at him. Friend? Be his friend? Is he mad?

She looked at him worriedly, checking for signs of fever.

“Why aren’t you answering?” he asked after a moment.

She pushed her glasses up her nose and leaned closer, looking for redness in his eyes.

“What are you looking at?” he asked, waving a hand in front of his face as if to ward her away.

“Fever,” she muttered. “I'm checking whether you have fever.”

“Eh? Why?”

“Because Evan Morris wouldn’t be spouting such nonsense when he is sane,” she replied, patting her pockets for a thermometer. Yes, she had an emergency first aid kit in her bag too. She was that reliable.