13.

"She didn't say much else besides that. And I guess I can't be mad 'cus at least she told the truth and ended it before things got toxic."

The boys nodded in if not agreement then in comprehension. We sat scattered in the living room with 2K plastered on the widescreen, music playing, and snacks making their way around the room.

Many could easily compare us to a group of females who sit and watch sad movies together, eating ice cream after a breakup.

This has been the mood of the house every since Lani left yesterday afternoon. The crew came in, empty handed might I add, because I didn't get back to them soon enough. Donnie "noticed my funk" as he put it and I explain what went down. So for the rest of the night, we hung out here.

I laid sprawled across the couch, my head closest to the Beats Pill. Kanye's Ultralight Beam was blasting.

I'm tryna keep my faith
We on an ultralight beam
This is a God dream
This is a God dream
This is everything
This is everything
Deliver us serenity
Deliver us peace
Deliver us loving
We know we need it
You know we need it
You know we need it
That's why we need you now, oh, I
Pray for Paris
Pray for the parents
This is a God dream
This is a God dream
This is a God dream
We on an ultralight beam
This is a God dream
This is a God dream
This is everything
Everything (Thing, thing, thing)

"Are you going to tell her?" Stix asked aloud, above the music.

"Ask who what?" I asked confused. He was always one to ask questions out of the blue.

"India. Are you gonna tell her what happened?" He asked again. I didn't answer right away. I hadn't really thought about it, if I'm being honest.

"I mean, I don't mind telling her but I also didn't plan on walking up to her and saying 'oh, things didn't work out with me and Lani.'" I shrugged.

"True true." Stix replied.

"Yeah and plus, if they're really best friends , I'm sure India will find out from Lani herself sooner or later."

"I guess you right." Stix agreed before going back to his phone.

I decided to close my eyes and get some more sleep, nothing to do today, so I rest.

"Guys. Guys!!"

There goes my rest.

"Wassup Stix?"

"We're playing at the White House this weekend." He says.

"Man, I'm finna.. they just elected.." I couldn't even get the words out. That dick in his throat, bitch ass, bleached ass nigga is really America's president.

"Nah, its good bro. Barack still there." He says. The relief is real dawg.

"Oh then we gucci." I reply.

"Set. Saturday night at 8:30. Our plane tickets are already paid for, it'll be lit."

"Trueeee. True , true, Truey Jeans true."

___________________________________

Shortest chapter I've ever written, lmao! But this is a filler because I just wanted to update lol. 💛