Chapter 1: The Girl In Red Shoes

Brenann’s P.O.V.

Lauren had been nagging for weeks, saying that it was my duty as alpha to come see her dance, this of course was only an excuse, she meant to say I had to come because I was her brother, but she never dared to speak the B-word because she felt she wasn’t really related to me because she was adopted. She had been abandoned as a child and would have ended up in foster care, luckily we found the small werewolf before she could go to her foster parents.

“Fine, I’ll go.” I said with a deep roaring voice. she knew I was only doing it for her because ei hated, ballet, it hated the sight of it and found it boring. But still my little sister started jumping up and down, making her blonde curls bounce. A certain scent came from her that wasn’t her own, it was a female scent… the scent was tempting, I felt drawn to it, it smelled like berry ice cream and morning rain.

“Who does that scent belong to?” I asked.

“Which scent?” She asked.

“Berries and morning rain.” I said.

“Sounds like Anna, she did my hair this morning for rehearsal, I never seem to get it right and she does it with such skill.” She sighed dreamily.

“Who is this Anna?” I asked.

“Anna is the girl who dances the role of Odette tonight, she’s the headmaster’s wife.”  She said. so she was married. To my surprise, I found myself to be highly disappointed.

“How old is she?” I asked Lauren curiously.

“She’s 19, the headmaster is 15 years older then she is but you can see the love coming from him.” She said.

“And from her?” I wondered as I carefully replayed Lauren’s words in my mind, only he seemed to be very affectionate if I wasn’t mistaken.

“She likes him a great deal and cares for him but I never see her passionate, even when she’s dancing, that might just be the way she is. But she dances beautifully and is never snobby about it. She takes all the mean comments she hears and never tells on anyone to the headmaster. Not that long ago she was dancing in the nutcracker, and the male lead seemed to be in love with her, as soon as the headmaster heard the rumors about them, which were all false by the way because she would never cheat on her husband, he send the guy away and I’ve never seen him again since.” Lauren explained in her normal enthusiastic way, she often needed only a short question to talk for hours on end.

“Are you friends?” I asked her.

“No, not at all, she isn’t friends with anyone but she’s never unkind either. She’s a strange person but not unlikable.” She said.

“I’m quite curious now.” I said softly.

“I know you are.” She said while wiggling her eyebrows.

“How come?” I asked a bit startled.

“Come on, the big bad alpha finding a scent from a girl and right away being interested in her love life, you might fool everyone else but I clearly saw the disappointment when you heard she’s married.” She said.

“I fear you know me to well.” I said with a sigh.

“Yes I fear the same, if I ever find a mate he’ll be seriously jealous.”  She said.

“Unless I find my mate as well.” I said.

“You have to pick a nice one I want a best friend!” She said.

“Like I can pick.” I said with a mocking tone.

“Ugh just try.” She said as she stomped out of my room and smashed the door shut.