🍪Cookie Two 🍪

*2 months earlier*

"Sam it's time to go! You don't want to be late on your first day, do you!?!" My mother shouts from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm nearly ready, just have to put on my shoes!" I shout back grabbing my black converse and quickly putting them on. I pick up my black beanie that was on the ground and put that on too.

I grab my suitcase that had all my clothes and toiletries. My mother has already sent all the rest of my stuff ahead in boxes to Eastwood Academy.

I hobble down the stairs with the bag and let me tell you it was extremely heavy. I plonk it down at the end of the stairs to give myself a rest. I pick it back up as I don't want to delay, walk out the door and close it behind me. I shuffle to the car where my mother was waiting for me impatiently.

We pull out of the driveway as soon as I get the bag in the car and put on my seat belt.

I stare out the window trying to memorise everything so I don't forget anything during my stay at the academy. I was going to miss the small town of Axileton.

(*1 hour time lapse*)

"Are we there yet?" I ask like an annoying child for the thousandth time.

"Only five more minutes," she says keeping her eyes on the road.

As we near the Academy I look out the front window to see a ginormous castle like building with a large modern campus surrounding it. It was kind of strange and it looked like they came from two different time frames which I guess was true. You would expect it to not look good at all but I think it added to the place, made it unique.

A tall clock is co-ordinated in the middle of the yard.

The car stops and I immediately open the door.

"Wye u no luv yur mudda???!?!" My "mudda" asked jokingly. I roll me eyes at her and get out of the car.

"Goodbye Mam, I'll see you next school break," I say with a laugh.

I see how beautiful the school is with its green trees and incredible architecture but for some reason no one is socialising. I get my bag out of the back and walk away from the car and my mother drives away with a wave.

"Hello, you must be the new student," a voice says from the left.

I look around to see a dark skinned girl with gold, circle glasses framing her brown eyes. She was wearing a royal blue jumper with a crest on it, black trousers and a pale blue shirt.

It must be the uniform. I guess it's ok...

I look down at the her now out-stretched hand and took it in mine to shake.

"Yes, I'm Sam Andrews. Nice to meet you," I say trying to be the nicest I could, I wanted to make a good first impression and it might be nice to have at least one friend.

"Ya I know, wait that probably came off creepy, I'm not a stalker or anything. Anyways moving on, I'm Rebecca Maze and I'm part of the welcoming committee. I know what your thinking I'm probably like one of those mean girls trying to act all nice right? Well let me assure you while there's a few of them here, I'm not one of them," she says impossibly fast that it took me a few seconds to process all she said.