chappy 5

A/N: HAPPY 2017 PEOPLE!! Since I said that I would update in January, I decided to keep my promise (not that I would break it...) and give you the 5th chapter. This chapter has only of Naruto's memories because I figured that if each chapter was long, I could drag them out. Also, one more thing..... there is going to be a plot twist sometime during the story...

Disclaimer: Naruto does not belong to me, nor will he ever... T^T

WARNINGS: Blood, torture, and language.

'Kurama in Mindscape'

'Naruto in Mindscape'

"People talking"

'People - and Kurama - thinking'

Memories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously: The blue-eyed boy sighed. "I warned you, and you really should heed my warnings, they're usually important, and could save your sanity, or more importantly, your life."

Before Sakura and Sasuke could say anything else to that foreboding statement, a blinding light obscured their vision, and they were whisked away to the first memory. Looking back at this moment in their lives in the future, Sakura and Sasuke would only regret not heeding Naruto's warning... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal POV~ 

Sasuke and Sakura opened their eyes to find themselves standing in what seemed like an indoor movie room [A/N: I know these don't exist in Naruto, but please, for the sake of the story, deal]. In front of them stood a blank screen. "Why are we here? And where exactly is here?" Sakura asked Sasuke. "Don't know, but I can find out," he replied. "OI! NARUTO! WHERE ARE WE?!" he yelled out. His voice echoed around the room, but no reply answered his call. All of a sudden, the previously blank screen flicked to life. 

The screen showed a street in the middle of Konoha. A full moon glowed brightly in the black fog of the night. A flash of dull blonde hair could be seen flying past the bottom of the screen. "HEY! GET BACK HERE YOU DEMON! WE'RE NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET!"

The sudden commotion caused Sakura to jump a bit where she stood. 'I guess I know where we are now... we're going to see Naruto's memories in here! And, who's yelling?' she thought to herself. She remembered the blonde hair that she had seen earlier. 'Could that have been Naruto?!'

The scene flashed to a little boy around the age of two running as fast as he could down the street. He was dressed in black shorts and a grey T-shirt with the Uzumaki swirl on the back. His blonde head was whipping back and forth to see if anyone was following behind him. Cerulean blue eyes were filled with fear and terror. "S-stay a-away from m-me!" he screamed over his shoulder. The boy ran around a corner to find that he had run into a dead ended alley. "Not again!" he cried out in despair. He whirled around to try and run, but he was met with the sight of a mob of villagers and shinobi, all carrying a weapon of choice. "P-please don't h-hurt me," he whimpered. "Don't worry demon brat, we won't hurt you... too much!" And with that, the civilian cackled and threw a kitchen knife at the boy with surprising accuracy. The knife lodged itself where Naruto's arm would have been, had he not dodged the oncoming projectile. 

"Oh my gosh!" Sakura gasped. "That is Naruto! And that... that... that monster just threw a kitchen knife at him! How could someone do that?!" Sasuke looked at the girl and sighed. He wasn't sure how much she knew about how cruel grown-ups could be, but he remembered when he had met her in the forest and how she had had tears drying on her cheeks. He didn't know why she had been crying, but he was betting it had to do with something going on at home. Sasuke shook his head, he would find out when it was her turn to explain her life story. He turned back to the current memory playing out in front of them, wondering where Naruto was.

"DAMN YOU! GET 'IM!" the villager that had thrown the knife yelled. Half of the mob blocked any exit points and the other half advanced towards Naruto. Said boy scrambled back into the corner of the alley. "S-stop! P-please!" he cried out, to no avail. A shinobi stepped forward with a crazed look in his eyes and a smile to match. As quick as lightning, he pulled out a kunai and threw it towards Naruto. It sank into his shoulder until only the hilt could be seen. A blood curdling scream echoed around the walls of the alley. 

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" [A/N: Imagine the Joker's laugh] "You think that you can get away, you damned brat?!  Well, think again!" With that, the shinobi launched a few shuriken that lodged themselves into Naruto's stomach, leg, and other forearm. He cried bloody murder and let pain induced tears fall over his cheeks in salty streams. His shoulders shook from uncontrollable sobbing and his body hurt where the weapons had pierced his skin. "Look, he's crying already! And we're not even halfway finished with him yet!" a villager sneered. "Let's rough him up a bit, shall we?" 

The scene fast forwarded a few minutes, only to finally stop on a body lying in a fetal position on the dirty floor of the alley. That body turned out to be Naruto. The mob was gone, and Naruto was in a puddle of his own blood. His once blonde, spiky hair was a russet color, and matted with dried blood. His face was beaten black and blue, and he had hand shaped bruises on his neck and arms. His stomach wasn't much better. 

Words and phrases like 'Demon child', 'Fox', and 'Die' were carved into stomach by what was assumed to be the kunai knife that had been thrown into his shoulder, for there was a long, jagged wound on his arm. The shuriken had been viciously pulled out of his body, and were now lying scattered around Naruto on the floor. A small whimpering sound could be heard coming from the curled up body. Suddenly, a shadow fell over the body, and stayed there for no more than a heartbeat. A small gasp was heard, and the screen went black. 

There was a heavy silence in the memory room, until an explosion of, "WHAT HAPPENED?!" was sent throughout the room. Sakura and Sasuke glared at the screen in horror and anger. Sasuke was first to speak, "What. In Kami's name. Just happened." he stated with barely suppressed rage. Sakura was less angry, but more horrified by what the screen had just showed them. 

"You saw my first memory."

The two spectators whipped around to see Naruto standing with his head down. His bangs covered his eyes, and his body was slouched over. Sakura broke into a sprint a threw her arms around Naruto's neck in a tight hug.

Naruto's POV~

I froze, unsure of what the pink haired girl was doing. 'Hey kit, she's giving you what humans consider a 'hug'. Relax.' Kurama advised. 'It's supposed to be a show of affection and comfort.' I contemplated the kyuubi's words, and finally relaxed into Sakura's embrace. When I did, I felt this sense of comfort and happiness fill my body. It's a feeling that I would imagine a sister would give. "What was that?" she whispered into my ear. I sighed, "That was the third time the villagers and some shinobi decided to hurt me because they believed that I was the kyuubi that attacked Konohagakure five years ago. Of course, they didn't know that I wasn't. They thought that by hurting me, they would hurt Kurama, too." 

"Wait, who's Kurama?" I heard Sasuke ask. 

"Kurama is the name of the kyuubi that I have sealed in me," I explained while lifting my head to look at him. Sasuke made a noise of realization. I looked up (cause she's taller than me, I can't believe that I'm so freaking short!) to see that Sakura was still holding onto me, so I gently used my arms to push myself away from her. "You guys are gonna have to see a few more memories in order to understand a little bit more about me. Not all of them are going to be like this one, just so you know." I told them. 

They nodded. 

"And I won't be able to watch with you guys because I have to watch over your physical bodies while your spiritual bodies are watching my memories." Sakura and Sasuke looked at each other in surprise, before deciding not to say anything. They just looked back towards me and nodded again.

"Well, then. See you guys after the next memory."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Cliffhanger! Sort of... Anyway, comment please!