chappy 4

A/N: *hides behind Kurama...* Um...hi? I am REALLY REALLY REALLY sorry I haven't been able to update in awhile. School is still my worst nightmare, and I can't seem to find any time to search my mind for ideas, so if my lovely readers have any, I would be so happy, I would even worship the very ground you walk upon. Another important A/N will be at the end of this chapter, so please read it! And now, on with the story!

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, and I never will, SO DON'T REMIND ME! T^T

'Kurama in Mindscape'

'Naruto in Mindscape'

"People talking"

'People - and Kurama - thinking'

WARNINGS: none, unless you count my horrendous attempts at sarcasm and humor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously: (A/N: I'm doing this because I haven't updated in, like, forever).

 'Well, here goes nothing' I tell Kurama. The kyuubi snorted. 'At least they didn't ask you why you just suddenly recovered from near drowning so quickly. Normally it would have taken you a couple minutes to re-'

He was cut off by Sakura's suspicious tone of voice, "Hey...how were you able to recover so quickly from drowning? Shouldn't you have gone into shock or gotten hypothermia or something?"

Kurama and Naruto simultaneously mentally face-palmed.

'Nice going, you overgrown cat.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto's POV~

I mentally sighed. How was I going to explain this unexplainable situation? 'Hmm, maybe I could use sarcasm...'

"Well, it's not like I have the crazy kyuubi that viciously attacked Konoha five years ago sealed into my body by my father healing my every wound," I replied sarcastically. 'Yup, that should do it just fi-'

"WHAT?!"

Disbelieving shrieks from the two in front of me wrenched me from my thoughts. Although, my  current ever so helpful soul-sharing resident couldn't help himself from adding his ever so helpful opinion. Notice the sarcasm? 'Hey kit, maybe we should keep our hopeful thoughts to ourselves, because they don't seem to be helping us any.'

Mentally rolling my eyes, I replied, 'I hadn't noticed,' my voice dripping with even more sarcasm.

My attention went back to the two hysterical beings. I sighed. Opening my mouth to reply, I was quickly denied, promptly cut off by the Uchiha heir.

"Do you SERIOUSLY expect us to believe you?" he asked with disbelief.

"Yup, I sure do. But the real question is, do you want to believe me?"

"What do you mean?" Sakura questioned. Her eyes only held innocent confusion at the current string of developments.

Gently, I replied, "I mean, do you want to believe that I have the kyuubi living inside of me? Because if you do, then I will only tell the truth." 

Sakura and Sasuke shared an uncertain glance, before deciding to answer. Looking at both of their eyes, I only saw a determination. They nodded solemnly. Sighing, I prepared myself to tell my story, but first..."Let's make an agreement, if I agree to tell you my story, then you two have to tell yours."

Again, they made eye contact, looked at me, and nodded. Shaking my head, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath....

(A/N: Ok, so, to tell the story, I am going to do something really weird. I know that it's impossible for Naruto to do this, but for the sake of the story, I'm going to do it.)

....and opened my mind to theirs.

Naruto's mindscape; Normal POV~

(Actual Memory; Team 7's actions outside of memory)

Sakura and Sasuke both opened their eyes, not really remembering why they closed them in the first place. Looking around at their surroundings, they realized that they were in some kind of sewer. All of a sudden, Naruto appeared in front of them. 

"How-where-what-," they started.

"Calm down. You're in my mindscape, and instead of talking and trying to describe the first three years of my life to you, I decided to show it to you. My memories are not to be taken lightly, and I'm only going to show you certain ones, so brace yourselves," Naruto said, deadly serious.

"What for? What could have possibly happened in such a short lifespan so far that would be so bad?" the raven haired boy scoffed.

"Sasuke, wait. Maybe Naruto is really trying to warn us," Sakura cautioned.

Naruto nodded, "You should listen to her, Sasuke."

"Hn."

The blue-eyed boy sighed. "I warned you, and you really should heed my warnings, they're usually important, and could save your sanity, or more importantly, your life."

Before Sakura and Sasuke could say anything else to that foreboding statement, a blinding light obscured their vision, and they were whisked away to the first memory. Looking back at this moment in their lives in the future, Sakura and Sasuke would only regret not heeding Naruto's warning... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And that's that! Anyway, I hope it was somewhat enjoyable. I know it's short, but I don't have a lot of time, and I'm kind of doing this as I go along. I have almost nothing planned out, and letting my brain take me where it wants to go. My updates will probably be once a month now. The next chapter is going to be the first three memories, but I'm going to try and make the memories long. I have finals coming up, so I'm going to update in January and work on the next chapter or two over winter break. Another thing, I want to start another fanfiction on a different subject. I KNOW THAT I HAVE TO FOCUS ON THIS ONE, and I promise I will work on this one more, but I just have to get my ideas out of my mind. It will probably make its debut in January sometime, so yeah...to all of you Young Justice fans out there, my next fanfiction will be starring none other than Robin - the Boy Wonder himself! That's it! Goodnight to all and stay safe! Oh, and please comment.