Coming Home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse the errors... I wanted to upload so you guys had something to read, but I've got play auditions tomorrow and I've still got to prepare. Wish me luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Tyler's POV~~~

"Because she's my mate!"

Mate.

Oh my God!

"You lied to me!" I said angrily. "I asked you point blank and you lied to me! Right to my face!" Bo looked like he hadn't even meant to let those words escape his lips, which pissed me off even more.

"I'm so sorry," Bo said, taking a step towards me. "I can explain, though. Lemme just-" The sound of the slap surprised both of us. I hadn't even realized I'd raised my hand to strike him, but seeing the bright red welt on Bo's cheek gave me some sort of bitter satisfaction.

"Tyler." I felt a hand on my shoulder, and my head snapped around so I was glaring at Patrick. I had honestly forgotten he was standing there. "Do you want to go somewhere else?"

Before I could answer, a pair of hands shoved Patrick away from me. "She's not going anywhere with you!" Bo snarled.

"I'm not sure that's what she wants," growled Patrick.

"You don't get to speak for her!"

"Neither do you!"

Unbelievable. They were talking about me like I wasn't even standing here; like I was some prize to be won.

"Enough!" I yelled, wedging myself between them. "You can't just decide what I can and can't do in front me!" They both hung their heads and fumbled for words of apology. I, however, wasn't having any of it.

I turned on my heel and stormed away from them. When I got to my room, I slammed the door behind me and started pacing.

Bo's our mate, my wolf said dreamily.

Shut up! I ordered her. He lied to us!

Why did he lie? It wasn't like he just never bothered to tell me we were mates. No, I asked him "Are you my mate?" and he lied through his teeth. Bo said he could explain, and part of me really wanted to hear his explanation. The other part of me, the majority, didn't want to see his face ever again. Too many people lied to me, like my parents. The thought of them added to this situation made it much, much worse.

"Tyler."

I whipped around to see Bo standing in my doorway, his hair perfectly unruly and his eyes dark and intense. This was my mate, and the sight of him made me sick.

"I'm really sorry."

"Get out."

"Please, Tyler."

"Get out!" The fury and hut bubbling up inside me consumed me completely, and I broke down. Hot, angry tears spilled down my cheeks, and I collapsed to my knees. "Get out!" I screeched, "Leave me the hell alone!"

Bo hesitated before turning and walking down the hall. Even though I wanted him to leave, part of me wanted him to completely ignore me and come and hold me while I cried, which was really frustrating.

Why did I have to feel like this? Bo lied to my face and then had the gall to try and control me. I was furious at him, but I couldn't deny that pull I had towards him. Was I supposed to feel like that towards my mate? If that was the case, it sucked.

After a couple minutes, I pushed myself off of the ground and shut my bedroom door. I grabbed a tissue and wiped my eyes and nose and then I changed into a pair of pajamas. I turned off the light and climbed into bed. Tonight, it felt bigger, like there should be someone else there. Apparently, when you find out you have a mate, every second after you want them by your side.