Fighting Back

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dedicated to princessharley

I love her stories, and when I messaged her asking for advice, she was super nice and helpful!!! Check her out (if you haven't already)

Enjoy the Chapter!!!

~~~~~~~

~~~Tyler's POV~~~

"I'm so jealous!" exclaimed Dot. She banged her fork against the top of the kitchen table, exasperated. "I wish I didn't have to go to school!"

"Well, I still have training," I offered with a shrug, but she just harrumphed and started on her last pancake. Dot and I had been hanging out over the weekend and I had grown to really like her. I saw Fae, Rhett, and Fletcher, but was rarely in the same room as Bo. He seemed to be avoiding me, and I didn't know why it bothered me so much.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

"Dot, if you want a ride to school, I'm leaving now," said Bo as he walked into the room. He grabbed a fork and shoved a piece of Dot's pancake in his mouth, much to her dismay. Bo looked up, and when his dark eyes locked with mine, he froze.

Quick! Say something to him, encouraged my wolf.

"Hi," I blurted out. I mentally kicked myself for sounding so stupid.

Brilliant, Tyler, huffed my wolf sarcastically.

"Hey Tyler," he replied, and then he looked down at Dot, who was glaring at him. "I'm serious. We'll be late if we don't leave now."

"Fine!" She said, hopping off of her stool. She dumped the rest of her food in the garbage and deposited the soiled dish in the sink. Dot grabbed her backpack off of the floor and put her hand on her hips. "I'm ready!" She flounced out of the kitchen and I heard the front door open and slam shut a few seconds later.

"I should go," Bo said, and he gestured behind him to where Dot had disappeared.

"Right," I drawled, "I'll see you later, I guess."

"Bye Tyler," he said as he backed out of the room, "Good luck with your first day of training." And then he was gone, and I was by myself. All of the other werewolves were either at school or work, save for a few that were leaders in the pack, like Stark and Anton.

I finished my bowl of Frosted Flakes and put my bowl into the dish washer. I walked through the empty rooms until I found a backdoor, and I slipped out into the backyard. The air was chilly, and I pulled the hood of a borrowed brown sweatshirt up over my head.

I heard the door slide open and shut behind me, and then footsteps on the grass. I turned around to find Anton smiling at me. I only talked to him once, and it was a very brief conversation, but he seemed really nice. I had learned from Fletcher that Anton was Fae's father, which meant that she was the next Beta if he died or decided to retire.

"Are you ready to train?" he asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I said with a sigh. I was nervous to start training because I had no idea what to do. My parents never did anything to help better my wolf, and so I was scared I would embarrass myself.

"Alright, then shift," he ordered.

"Okay," I said, but then I remembered something and froze. "I don't think I can."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't I can shift," I explained, "While I was in captivity, they would inject with me with some sort of suppressor about every two weeks so that I couldn't shift, and it hasn't been two weeks since they last gave it to me."