Funeral

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully no spelling errors, but probably some grammatical errors so please excuse them :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Bo's POV~~~

"Bo." I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder and shake me gently. "Dude, your dad needs to talk to you." My eyes snapped open and I saw Rhett standing in front of me, only he wasn't looking at me.

I followed his line of vision to see that he was looking at Tyler's body. "Is she going to be alright?" he asked.

"Yeah," I breathed, taking in her sleeping form. The pack nurses had washed all the blood from her body and hair, and she looked peaceful in sleep. "Trina said that the knife just missed her vital organs and the bullet just grazed her. Even though she's lost a ton of blood, she'll be fine after she has time to heal."

"Good," replied Rhett quietly. He took a step back from the bed and ran a hand through his hair. "Your dad asked me to get you."

No doubt he wanted to talk about everything that'd happened the previous night. "Okay, I'll go now then," I said, and Rhett nodded before leaving the room. Even though I didn't want to leave Tyler's bedside, I knew I needed to talk to my dad, and it helped that I knew Tyler was going to be alright.

I pushed myself from the chair I'd been sleeping in next to her bed, and with one last look at my sleeping mate, I walked from the room and headed towards my dad's office. I knocked on the door, and a second later, he called for me to enter.

As soon as I laid eyes on him, I winced. My dad looked like he'd been hit by a bus. He was pale, and his eyes were red and puffy. He was wearing a sweatshirt and sweats, completely different from his normal button-up shirts and jeans that he wore. His mouth was set in a grim line and his eyes were clouded and sad.

All in all, he looked extremely similar as when my mother had been murdered.

Silently, I sat down opposite him and waited for my dad to say something. After staring at each other for a couple seconds, my dad cleared his throat. "We're going to bury Dot tomorrow night where we buried your mother. I figured it's what she would've wanted."

"Probably," I replied quietly, and I shifted uncomfortably in my chair.

My dad nodded, and another period of silence ensued. "How's Tyler?" he asked finally.

"Trina says she just needs time to heal and then she'll be fine," I answered. "She'll have a scar, but it'll fade."

"Good." He seemed to be trying to figure out how to ask something, and a minute later, the words came to him. "Is he dead? The one who killed Dot, I mean."

"Yes," I said emotionlessly, "They're both dead."

"Good."

We both looked away from each other, clearly uncomfortable. The last time someone in the family had died, I'd been too young to talk to my dad seriously about it. Plus, I'd been too busy entertaining a young Dot, but now, it was just us left.

"I should get back to Tyler," I said quietly.

"Right," replied my dad, "I'll see you later, I guess." I nodded and boosted myself up from the chair. Then, I gave my dad a tight-lipped smile and walked quickly out of his office. I closed the door behind me, but didn't walk away immediately.

Part of me wanted to talk to my dad about Dot. I wanted to tell him how mad I was and how I didn't understand why she had to die. At the same time, part of me, the majority, didn't want to dump my problems on my already crushed father. He'd barely recovered from my mom's death, and now Dot had been ripped from his life as well. It wasn't fair for me to unload my feelings on him.