The Necklace (Harry Styles)

I live in a world different from yours. I live in a world were dating and relationships barely exist. I don’t have to date, or go through heart break after heart break to find my soul mate. I just have to find my necklace.

You’re probably wondering what I’m talking about. Hi, my name is Ariel. In my world, when you are born you’re given a necklace. This necklace is only a half of a shape. Your soul mate owns the other half of this shape.

You can find your soul mate at any age, and when you do you are bonded by a love that never dies. There is no such thing as fighting or divorce. Your necklace knows just what you like. There is no such thing as being bullied for being gay or a lesbian because you never really know what your necklace will bring you. The necklace has no problems with same gender love. There is no abuse to partners because you are to in love to ever hurt your partner. There is no such thing as affairs because you love no one else.  

I’m running out of time though. How you find them is more of your problem. The only guide you have is your necklace that glows and is warmer when you get closer to your love, and dulls and gets cold when you are away. My necklace has been cold sense birth, and I’m afraid maybe my love had died or that I will never meet him/her. My mother’s (yes, I said mother’s) are worried as well. If I don’t find my mate I am destine to be an old madam. They keep telling me he/she will be found soon but I am afraid I will never meet them.

What if I don’t want to meet them? What if they dislike me, and don’t love me the way they should? What if the necklace is wrong? What if, what if, what if?  I’m so afraid; my heart won’t stop pounding in my chest when I think about it.

What if my other half is not what I expected him/her to be?

What if him/her is?