Chapter 4

She looked at me. I hated that look. It worried me and she looked so distressed. 

"You've got yourself into a 'contract' type of thing I think... did she tell you there was no turning back?" she started. i just simply nodded in reply. 

"Ok. Well onviously I have looked into this, I always wanted to be human when I was younger, and I found plenty of people who would do it. I would've but they were all witches and the only way a witch can change a vampire into a human uses what people would call 'black magic'. This will have horrible effects when you are no longer human. I'm assuming you did not discuss the aftermath of it?" I shook my head. I didn't want to talk, afraid I might break down. I was so selfish,  so stupid. 

"Well in previous cases, when they are vampires again, they are definitely not the same. For the ones other people don't catch and lock away they lose all of the person they used to be. It is almost as though their heart and soul freeze over, obviously as vampires we dont actually have a beating heart anyway. But I believe we do still have souls. There is no cure for this. At least not one that has been found."

"W-w-why can't we just t-t-tell her  I w-want to b-back out of the c-c-contract?" I stuttered out my sentence, my voice shaky.

"Once you've made a contract there is no going back. They will kill you." Oh shit.

"But that's not fair!" 

"I know sweetie. I know." she sighed. I shuffled along the sofa and hugged her. 

"Mum... I've really messed up haven't I? There is no way I can ever be alive really again. Either way I'll be dead or might as well  be dead..." My voice started to crack. 

"I'm so so sorry my love, but yes. It appears to be so. I promise I will make the 6 months the best. Maybe, one day, you'll be free again. Just promise me, if that time comes, come back to me." She started to cry, silently the tears streamed down her face. Upon seeing that I started crying. She looked at me and smiled at me weakly. She grabbed my hand tightly and we just sat there like that for about half an hour. 

"That's where your dad went.  He wanted to be human too. Eventually he left,  I'm sure by now he will have been found and locked away." My mum wispered, a look of sorrow crossed her eyes. 

"I'm so sorry mum. I love you and I like an awful person." I genuinely meant it. 

"It's fine. It seemed like a perfect idea at the time. You didn't know. I should've told you sooner. I understand why you did it."

"Mum, this is not your fault so don't you dare blame this on yourself!" 

Eventually I went upstairs to my room. I curled up in bed and cried myself to sleep. Now as a vampire I don't need sleep but it passes time and if I was awake, I would just be in a crappy state. Being awake just gives you too much time to think especially as I have nothing else to do. 

When I woke up the next morning I didn't want to get out of bed. Me and my mum just moped around in a sullen mood. This went on for about 2 weeks, the only time I left was to hunt for the repulsive blood which just made me feel even worse. It reminded me of the situation. My mum left the house about 3 times over the 2 weeks, once to hunt and the other 2 times were to go to the shop for food. 

When I went up to bed that night, I went to open the door to my bedroom. I knew before I entered that something was off. It was a scent. One I felt as though I recognised it but I couldn't put my finger on it. 

As I pushed the door open I opened my mouth to scream when a hand was placed over my mouth...

***********************************************

What do you think??? :) Hope anyone that reads it liked it ;) Comment and whatnot pleasee >.< opinions are appreciated :D thank you <3