Chapter 1

I looked at my prey with wild eyes. I was waiting quietly, not moving at all. It’s eyes darted around cautiously before bending his head down. He started to slowly munch on the grass, still shifty, like it could sense me but not quite see me. It finally relaxed. This was my chance. 3. 2. 1. I darted out from where I was hiding and jumped on the deer before it even had a chance to blink. I closed my eyes, hating the look as life drained out of its eyes. I hated what I was. It made me feel sick to my stomach about what I had to do to survive. I’m a vampire. And it sucks. I would do anything to be normal. Absolutely anything. I hate drinking blood, having to kill animals just so I can live. I threw the dead carcass onto the floor and ran back to my home. I was 15 and lived with my mum. I had been born the way I am. My mother was not in fact a full vampire, only half so could live off a normal HUMAN diet, but my father was. He left when I was only young, about 3. As I walked into the house my mum popped out of nowhere.

“We are going to a FUNFAIR!!!” she screamed excitedly. I loved her so much, she was more like a sister and a best friend. It had always been just me and her and I loved it. 

“We are?” she laughed and excitedly jumped around the room. She was such a kid sometimes.

“I’m sure you’ll be alright with all those people… won’t you?” she asked, unsure.

“Of course!” I replied with a smile. I had very good control over that sort of thing and also I didn't want to tell her we couldn't go. I didn't spend that much time around people. My mum was really smart so she home schooled me most of my life. I went out a lot so I could get accustomed to resisting walking up to strangers and murdering and eating them. 

"Let's go let's go go go," she gabbled "it's only here for this last night!" 

"Ok, Ok i'm coming!" I replied as she hurriedly dragged me to the car. We got in, started the car and made our way there.

********************************************

Please leave comments... I reaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyyy want to improve my writing :/ <3 xx