Chapter 10

In an attempt to pull myself from the dark empty pit called unconsciousness, I gripped for my senses to pull me back out. I prised my eyes open, and immediately regretted it. They burnt like crazy.

My chest was tight, my throat hurt, my head killed, my legs hurt and I was gasping for breath. At least now I could move... I mean yeah, it hurt really really badly, but I could actually lift an arm.

Thats when something clicked inside my head. That was me being struck so that meant...Oh my god... I'm now a human.

I laid there helpless for the whole day until finally I had the ability to move. I was stiff and achey but I could now manage it. It was a saturday so that meant on monday I would have school. Oh wow. My first ever day at highschool and I was how old?

My mum came to see me.

"How are you sweetie?" My mum asked carefully using the softest voice I'd ever heard her use. Concern was in her eyes and voice and she looked at me like I was made of china.

""Oh I'm just fine thanks." I said sarcastically. This caused my mum to lose all of what she had been before and now she was back to herself.

"Don't get sarcastic with me young lady!" She said, hitting me on the back of my head.

"Owww... Mummy! It hurts!" I whined.

"Life hurts." She replied but threw me a wink to show she was just kidding. It was only her idea of joking about. I really wasn't laughing. Oh well...

When I stood up I felt incredibly strange. I couldn't see as well, I could no longer smell things from a mile away, I couldn't hear the quietest things and I actually had to breathe!

I was dithering about unitl the evening and I yawned. For the first time in my life I was actually tired! It was quite strange having my eyes droop, trying to close before I wanted them to.

The next morning when I woke up I stretched, rubbed my eyes and yawned. Sitting up it wa very quiet seeing as I was used to hearing every single detail that happened due to my super senses.

Today was Sunday and that meant I had to go to school tomorrow. I would say i was freaking out, but that would be a massive understatement. 

I was scared, I had never really socialised. I struggled to talk to humans and I hated vampires. 

You see, most vampires think they are gods greatest gift. They have such a high opinion of themselves, and they are all proud to drink blood. I didn't talk to humans because they... ummm... distract me? 

With as little social interactions as me, it was a sure thing that I would struggle at highschool. I know that highschools aren't the same as in the movies, but they were actually quite similar (I hope!) 

I know people can be very judgemental. Would they like me? Will I make friends? So many questions. Will...

Right, Scarlett. Now your just over thinking it. Shut up. FInd something else to do. 

Oh god, I'm talking to myself. 

I got up and shouted out to my mum that I was going for a run. 

"Since when did you run?!" She asked me, shocked.

"Since now." I replied.

| opened the door and started running. I let the wind blow over my face, it made me feel relaxed.  I never ran before, except for in the forest because it is really hard to run at a normal speed, well normal to everyone else, when you are a vampire.

I was running whe suddenly, I flew backwards. 

"Owww!" I groaned. Some idiot had ran into me while I was running blissfully. They ruined it. I was angry, they destroyed my peace and I want to kill them and people who don't look where they are goi-....

Oh wow. I stopped the rant that was going on inside my head when I saw who had ran into me. It was a boy. I bet everyone just went 'oooh'. 

He held a hand out to me. He was pretty cute. He had dark hair and chocolate brown eyes and - oh my god, I think I either said that out loud or I am drooling. 

Is it normal for girls to act so stupid around boys?

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to, I wasn't looking where I was going..." He went on apologising and I just sat there on the floor nodding, even though he had held out his hand I had just looked at it blankly. 

Please just leave, I thought to myself. I look like an idiot just sitting there. 

"Ok bye, I look forward to seeing you again!"

Wait.... what had I just been nodding at?!