Chapter Seven

Hey-lo, this is Cally...when_forever_ends…just in case. Thank you catlikecupcakes for advising me on a bunch of stuff. Anyway, this is my first chapter, soo I’m actually pretty excited! I will be writing in Ellize’s point of view–that’s the tomboy.

So without further ado, I present to you (hey that rhymes) Chapter…I wish it was two, but it’s not. Seven. Chapter seven

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Ellize

I didn’t even know why I was being nice to that girl. I wasn’t sure at all.

But, things are what they are.

At least I could rectify the situation before the poor girl died of shock.

“Ha. Like you care.”

Okay, so maybe that wasn’t the coolest idea ever, but whatever. I had another meeting with Luke to get to…the last one. After this, he promised me that he’d leave me alone. And God would that make me happy.

I, for one, was not the type of girl to stand some guy who lied to me. Luckily, Gretchen and Dylan hadn’t decided to feed me some fib about my parents being their parents, or I’d never have talked to them again.

Continuing down the sandy track, I finally reached the flagpole. Once again, the guy’s early. Maybe even ten minutes early.

Or not.

“You’re late.” Luke sighed, pleading eyes wide and…well, I’d say that they were puppy-like, but that’s way overused. “Ell, I’m sorry! I was going to tell you”–

“You made me a fool in front of that…that faker!” I hissed. There was no time to feel bad, because I had to push him away, or he’d think lying was okay. And it wasn’t.

“You toned down your language,” he remarked, already distracted.

Like he cared.

“Look.” Exasperated, I ran my hands through my hair. A few brown strands flipped back into my eyes. “I’m done. I said no, and no it’s going to stay. Okay?”

My ex’s smile faltered. “I’m really sorry, Ellize. What’s it going to take for you to forgive me?”

“Oh, I don’t know.” I pretended to consider it, placing my chin between two fingers. “What about…never? When the earth goes flat?”

His shoulders slumped, and he picked up his board. A board I’d gotten him for his birthday.

A small pang went through my heart, but I hardened my face and glared at him. “It’s over. We’re over. First date, remember? I. Hate. Liars.”

“I remember,” Luke said softly. “Well, see you around.”

It scared me, how the fight just went right out of him. It really did.

Lying is bad, though. You have to stand strong.

I sighed, and stalked back to the parking lot. Boys were awful, all messed-up. It was too complicated, too tangled. I wasn’t even sure how I felt about this.

It’s not ditching unless the bell didn’t ring, and I’m pretty sure it did. Forgot which one, though.

I continued my angry muttering, blissfully imagining colorful deaths, Until of course, I saw the writing on my car.

Anger lanced through my body, and my eye twitched.

Go back to where you came from.

Then, the death became real....completely and utterly real.