Chapter Five

Hey there, our lovelies :) It's OkamiAmaterasu (call me Sophie, please) here with a new chapter. It's in Amalthea's POV. You know, that girl that was going to tutor Ellize a few chapters back ;) I hope that you like it :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Amalthea's POV

It pained me a bit to see my newfound 'friend' Ellize fighting with one of the Populars. Grachelle was her name, I believe. They were fighting about some guy and soon, all hell was going to break loose. Just looking at their aggressive stances was enough to see that they were going to get into some physical fighting soon. I sighed and silently snuck out of the cafeteria, nervously twirling a strand of my curly brown hair around my finger. No one noticed me, just as I wanted. Breathing out in relief, I quickly walked to my locker and unlocked it, picking up my latest book and my English material while putting away my assignment folder. The bright colors of my English text book-cover made me think about that trip to Brazil my parents and I had gone on a few years back. I smiled at the memory and closed the locker. Just as I turned around, I bumped into someone. My cheeks instantly flushed as I looked at the person I bumped into. It was a girl with long, light blonde hair. She looked very pretty and her bright grey eyes studied me with interest. Why was she looking at me? Why wasn't she walking away after muttering a fake excuse? She adjusted her blue and white striped tank top as she smiled at me.

"Sorry for bumping into you. I don't believe I know you. What's your name?" She asked, stretching out her manicured hand at me.

I was completely stunned. Wasn't she a Popular? She certainly looked like one. I decided to shake her hand, though. I didn't want to be rude or do something socially unacceptable.

"I'm Amalthea Stevens." I mumbled, looking down at my feet while shaking her hand.

"Excuse me, what did you say? I didn't hear you." She said and lightly laughed.

"My name is Amalthea Stevens." I told her a bit louder than before.

"That's a pretty name, Ammy. I'm gonna call you Ammy, okay? Anyway, my name is Lydia. Lydia Hopkins. Oh my god, I sounded like James Bond!" She rapidly said while smiling even bigger at me.

She genuinely seemed like a nice, bubbly girl. Too bad that she'd walk away once she found out how shy and socially uncomfortable I am. I didn't feel as uncomfortable with her as I did with other people, though. Maybe because she was so bubbly? I mentally shook my head. I had to get out before I made a complete fool of myself.

"Okay, Lydia. Well, I have to go now. I have English soon." I excused myself and began to walk away.

"I have English too! Do you have Miss Renier?" She cheerfully exclaimed.

"Do you mean Patricia? Then yes, I do have her in English." I answered, instantly regretting calling Miss Renier by her first name.

"Do you call teachers by their first name?" She asked, raising a perfectly plucked eyebrow at me.

It just happened. I had just made a complete fool of myself. Now she'd tell everyone about 'that dorky chick who calls teachers by their first name'. God, I was even dorky in my head!

"I really have to go to the library first and..." I began, but Lydia interrupted me.

"That's totally cool! I'm so going to do that from now on. I thought that they got mad, but I guess not." She interrupted with a lighthearted laugh.